» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #51
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,042 Times in 1,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr250rakid View Post
Hello Members:

I am CBR250kid's father. I just found this post on his laptop and I am rather taken back by the relative animosity that this dialogue has taken. So I apologize for any bad feelings that he has or had caused. I will be getting his account closed so that there will be no further disruptions to this group.

For some of you here who have posted negatively about him, allow me to come to his defense.
The first post which your son started this thread with, could not have been more ironic... that he didn't take a couple humorous replies to his opening post is too bad... for him. Perhaps you can help him to thicken his skin a bit. It can be a tough world out there... especially for a kid who is apparently coddled. As to the "negativity" it began with the second, and third posts your 16 year old son put up here... if your think for a minute that some of us wouldn't retort to the garbage he wrote in his subsequent posts... then you really are truly clueless. You might consider teaching him some basic manners.

Quote:
1) He goes to a private school. I pay for his entire education.

2) I reward him and I give him incentives to achieve high grades because I clearly benefit from this. If and when he gets admitted to the university of my choice, he will have saved me ~$80k over four years. This potential savings is substantial.

3) It is true that he currently has "C" grades in some of his courses. However, these classes that is giving him trouble are advanced placement collegiate courses. He is taking them for college credits. Thus, by doing well and completing them while in high school, he will be exempt from having to take them in college.Thus, I will not need to pay for those courses and he will graduate sooner than later.

Since he is my son, and I am paying for his education, I will reward him in any way I feel is necessary to get my son admitted. If and whenever some of you here with objection and you feel obligated to pay for his education, then by all means, you can voice whatever opinion or opinions you have about me in this regard. Fair enough?
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy his way into "the university of your choice"... places like Harvard and Yale are all about $$$.

Quote:
4) Like all of you here, I too am an avid motorcyclist. Likewise, I also had to struggle in my teens to fund the purchase of a motorcycle. And I too could pass onto my son the virtues of hard work and savings by not funding his motorcycle interests. However, it is my decision to restrict him from getting a job because I do not want him to work, but rather spend his time maintaining a high GPA. Nevertheless, he DOES work, but not for money. He volunteers at a hospice twice a month. For some who don't know what a hospice is, it is a place where people spend their last six months of life before death. He cleans very ill patients' rooms and shampoos their hair.
Funny, he didn't mention anything about volunteering at a Hospice... that is very admirable, and good for him. What he did tell us, according to his first post, was his concern that studying harder would mean less time with his "homies". From his first post, to his last, everything he wrote (if one can properly call what he typed "writing"?) smacked of spoiled rich kid... and you dad, are just confirming that here. Father Knows Best.

Quote:
5) Regarding the claim that I don't know what I'm doing by letting my son on a motorcycle... Some of you seem to think so, and that is unfortunate.
No one said anything even close to "you shouldn't be allowing your son to ride a motorcycle"... re-read the posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (12-11-2012), Jme250RA (12-10-2012), live_to_ride (12-10-2012), Nithesh (12-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #52

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-10-2012), lewiCBR250R (12-11-2012), Nithesh (12-11-2012), Wynne G Oldman (12-11-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
roflmao!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #54

Thanked 1,306 Times in 696 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
You were lucky, when I were a lad, we used to live in a matchbox on the motorway.

Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen - YouTube
That's hilarious Wynne. LMAO. Thx.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #55

Thanked 1,471 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_to_ride View Post
That's hilarious Wynne. LMAO. Thx.
You're welcome. I love the punchline, right at the end.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #56

Garage

Ha ha. Monty Python's the best. One of my fav's.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_to_ride View Post
Ha ha. Monty Python's the best. One of my fav's.
+1.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #58

Thanked 1,471 Times in 754 Posts

"He's not The Messiah, he's a very naughty boy."

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
Top (12-11-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #59

Garage

"Life of Brian".... Convicts rocking it on the crosses ..."Always look on the bright side of life" * whistling* one of my fav movies

I like this too "it's just a flesh wound"....(great EMS black humour)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
Top (12-11-2012), Wynne G Oldman (12-11-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #60

This guy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement