Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Victory Motorcycles

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Roadkill 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have been seeing alot of ads about victory motorcycles. I dont know much about the brand, or quality but they are some very nice looking bikes. I would like to eventually buy a cruiser one day, but considering these as they seem to be a pretty good buy. So to my questions. Is victory a "quality" brand? Has anyone here ever owned one of these bikes? Have you heard good things about the bikes?

I know it would not stack up with the CBR in terms of commuting and economy gas mileage but thinking it would be cool to one day have an awesome looking cruiser.

I am sure my questions may generate some unsavory comments, but please be respectful. Thanks in advance for your insight and your knowledge.

#2 ·
My next door neighbor has one. Theyre clean looking bikes, and from what he says, a very comfortable ride. It sounds mean as all hell though. They can get a bit pricey i would assume.

Reactions: nforce4
#4 · (Edited)
They claim to be American made. I rode one of their dressers, they've got plenty of power and will definitely move you, my VTX has forward controls so the transition was not bad. Cornering is very different as you would expect.
My biggest problem with them was how few dealers there were, that was a couple of years ago and there may be more dealerships now, I haven't kept track of them. There were some States that weren't represented at all. I'm not saying that they are unreliable, from all I've heard they are reliable, but if I've got to drive 300 miles to get a part that fell off the saddlebag, or if I need a new throttle cable, I'm not real thrilled. I have done several cross-country trips to the midwest and would not be thrilled to have to wait a week for a seal for the tranny. FWIW that's my 2¢

Doc

#6 ·
I've ridden a Hammer, and a few others that I can't recall the model. Seemed plenty powerful, relatively speaking. I prefer liquid cooled bikes.
I know several owners. I have ridden with many groups of them. Everyone loves them.
Great alternative to Hardley.

Reactions: nforce4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.