2013 Triumph Daytona 675 - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
it's interesting how manufactures are starting to show more engine and less side fairing. Compare the ninja 250r with the new 300, the cbr250r also shows a fair bit of engine. The old 675R had the fairings covering majority of the engine but the 2013 model cuts back on the amount of fairing, just like honda has done with the new cbr600rr in a way. The 2011+ gixxer sixxer's have the same effect. New sportbikes are starting to have less side fairing and more engine i.e. becoming more naked and i don't reckon i'm liking it
In Engineering terms, it equals to better overall cooling. AND in a slow moving traffic, it wouldnt burn your legs like kFC
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #22

I don't think cooling has anything to do with less fairing. In slow moving traffic, that's even less relevant as you need moving air to cool surfaces. These engines are liquid cooled for a reason. If you don't want legs to burn, wouldn't it make sense to cover the engine bits with fairings?

I can say that less fairing = less materials = less production cost and that probably makes more sense to the companies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #23

I own a 2012 675R right now and it's a very very nice bike. Build quality is awesome and performance leaves very little to complain about.

I think the new model doesn't look as good but that's just personal tastes. By all accounts, performance should be improved across the board and that's really what this bike is about. The good looks is just icing on the cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptySet For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (12-12-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejaybee View Post
What prompted the switch, if you dont mind me asking? Overall thoughts and impressions on the D675 as a previous owner?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com Free App
I had my 2006 D675 for 5 years, 24K miles before I totaled it on a off ramp of an interstate. I was exiting the road when I tapped the brakes and got a mild tank slapper. I couldn't turn and just rode it to the ground.

I loved the bike, it was really fun to ride, but I am getting old and decided to go for something more efficient and cheaper.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #25

Thanked 1,308 Times in 697 Posts
Garage

^ hey NB...how the purchase of your ceebee coming along? I know you had some expenses to take care of first but wondering if you are getting close to your goal? Will be a celebration to see your first pic of the 250.

Honda cbr500r current ride
Honda cbr250r (Sumiko sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
HD Sportster (sold the thing, hated it)

Contemplating a Striple
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySet View Post
I don't think cooling has anything to do with less fairing. In slow moving traffic, that's even less relevant as you need moving air to cool surfaces. These engines are liquid cooled for a reason. If you don't want legs to burn, wouldn't it make sense to cover the engine bits with fairings?

I can say that less fairing = less materials = less production cost and that probably makes more sense to the companies.
You have to ride a litre bike (with fully covered fairings) in a bumper to bumper or wheel to wheel traffic in some of the busiest cities across the world to understand what i was saying. When you are moving at the pace of a rat... even if your bike employs liquid cooling , it will still emit heat in a stop n go traffic. Heck my 250R gets hot in a 30 minute city ride. When you cover the engine bits with fairings, there are very little gaps for the hot air to escape from that area..
The more exposed it is, the more direction for the hot air to escape from. That and coupled with the fact that Honda employed the "Layered fairings" which i think almost every other manufacturer is following suite these days... also has to do with the fact that they are relatively less expensive to replace compared to fully covered fairings.
Off late i heard a manufacturer was working on the 600 supersports which offers relatively better gas mileage. I cant remember which manufacturer that was but for all i know.. almost every SBK manufacturer is looking at economic feasibility over performance these days. Maintenance friendly and fuel economy seem to be their primary target.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #27

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,200 Posts

TRIUMPH have launched their new Daytona 675 and 675R at EICMA.
Following on from the launch of their new Street Triple and Street Triple R, the new 675 features a brand new engine, new chassis and a new look.
Just like on the Street Triple, the underseat exhaust is replaced by a compact under-slung version, which Triumph claim helps lower weight and improve handling.
The new engine features a wider bore and shorter stroke, which allows the 675 to rev to a staggering 14,400rpm redline. The ceramic-coated aluminium bores are stronger to cope with more pressure and more power; the new model has a couple of extra peak horsepower, an extra ftlb of torque but a claimed increased spread of torque through the midrange.
The engine changes don't stop there: the 675 features titanium valves, twin injectors per cylinder and a larger air intake to better feed the engine. There's also a new slipper clutch (or slip-assist clutch according to Triumph) and a similar system to the Panigale and HP4 that opens the throttle bodies to reduce engine braking with the aim of helping smooth out corner entry.
The suspension on the standard version is still by KYB (Kayaba) but is heavily revised. The 675R still comes with the TTX rear shock and NIX30 upside-down forks.
Expect to see weight saved in similar places on the new 675 as we saw on the Street Triple; lighter wheels and weight trimmed off here and there.
ABS is a 350 option on the 675 but standard fitment on the 675R.
The 675 will retail at 8,899 OTR while the 675R will come in at 10,599 OTR. Both will be available in the new year.

Nice! finally a slipper clutch, exhaust back where it should be, R still has adjustable suspension, love it.

Now all we need is more squids to start writing them off so we have track bikes and spares because the later R6's are still commanding stupid money as stat write off's.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh View Post
In Engineering terms, it equals to better overall cooling. AND in a slow moving traffic, it wouldnt burn your legs like kFC
no it's definitely not that, when they design these bikes (600cc and 1000cc) and other supersports etc. they don't take into account people riding these high performance vehicles in traffic moving slowly, they look at racetrack performance or fast riding on the street. These bikes aren't made for congestion and crawling traffic so it's definately not that. I think it's to do with cost like emptyset said but i don't think it's to do with slow moving traffic lol but i prefer fuller fairings

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #29

Default 1st ride

Reports are coming in. Sounds like a winner!

First Ride: 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R review - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R - Motorcyclist Magazine

Triumph Daytona 675 R: Fotos
2001 Yamaha YZ250

(Still trying to make room for theCBR 250!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torchsport For This Useful Post:
ceejaybee (12-17-2012), ozbenno (12-18-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to Ausfox

New video from MCN.

Triumph 675R | First Ride | Motorcyclenews.com - YouTube

Ausfox.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ausfox For This Useful Post:
DamianW (12-20-2012), lewiCBR250R (12-19-2012), Torchsport (12-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement