Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2013 Triumph Daytona 675

19K views 62 replies 27 participants last post by  DamianW 
#1 ·
See less See more
#8 ·
With you on the uglier bit. It seems like everyone styling an SS these days thinks uglier = better. They should freeze the styling budgets, keep them looking exactly as they have been and spend the money on engineering.

I do get the side exhaust though - shorter, lighter, more centralised weight and not having your ar5e get fried in traffic may be an ok trade off for the look (and can look great - Z1000, anyone?) - but there's no excuse for those headlights.

#11 ·
New engine. New frame. Lighter weight. More power. Higher redline. Awesome looks.
Win!

#16 ·
The more I look at the 675R, the less I like it. I just don't think white suits the revised front end. Perhaps there is too much white.

The red on the standard 675, on the other hand, is really growing on me.

Overall, I am a fan of the stubby exhaust. I am glad that went for that option rather than a full can like on the GSX-R.

A larger rev range can only mean one thing...more of that intoxicating noise.

I wish they would offer the R in more than the one colour, cause the extras that the R version gets over the standard make it one attractive package for the price. That Ohlins suspension and those Brembo monoblocs are just awesome.

#17 ·
it's interesting how manufactures are starting to show more engine and less side fairing. Compare the ninja 250r with the new 300, the cbr250r also shows a fair bit of engine. The old 675R had the fairings covering majority of the engine but the 2013 model cuts back on the amount of fairing, just like honda has done with the new cbr600rr in a way. The 2011+ gixxer sixxer's have the same effect. New sportbikes are starting to have less side fairing and more engine i.e. becoming more naked and i don't reckon i'm liking it :(

#22 ·
I don't think cooling has anything to do with less fairing. In slow moving traffic, that's even less relevant as you need moving air to cool surfaces. These engines are liquid cooled for a reason. If you don't want legs to burn, wouldn't it make sense to cover the engine bits with fairings?

I can say that less fairing = less materials = less production cost and that probably makes more sense to the companies.

#26 ·
You have to ride a litre bike (with fully covered fairings) in a bumper to bumper or wheel to wheel traffic in some of the busiest cities across the world to understand what i was saying. When you are moving at the pace of a rat... even if your bike employs liquid cooling , it will still emit heat in a stop n go traffic. Heck my 250R gets hot in a 30 minute city ride. When you cover the engine bits with fairings, there are very little gaps for the hot air to escape from that area..
The more exposed it is, the more direction for the hot air to escape from. That and coupled with the fact that Honda employed the "Layered fairings" which i think almost every other manufacturer is following suite these days... also has to do with the fact that they are relatively less expensive to replace compared to fully covered fairings.
Off late i heard a manufacturer was working on the 600 supersports which offers relatively better gas mileage. I cant remember which manufacturer that was but for all i know.. almost every SBK manufacturer is looking at economic feasibility over performance these days. Maintenance friendly and fuel economy seem to be their primary target.

#23 ·
I own a 2012 675R right now and it's a very very nice bike. Build quality is awesome and performance leaves very little to complain about.

I think the new model doesn't look as good but that's just personal tastes. By all accounts, performance should be improved across the board and that's really what this bike is about. The good looks is just icing on the cake.

#25 ·
^ hey NB...how the purchase of your ceebee coming along? I know you had some expenses to take care of first but wondering if you are getting close to your goal? Will be a celebration to see your first pic of the 250.

#27 ·
TRIUMPH have launched their new Daytona 675 and 675R at EICMA.
Following on from the launch of their new Street Triple and Street Triple R, the new 675 features a brand new engine, new chassis and a new look.
Just like on the Street Triple, the underseat exhaust is replaced by a compact under-slung version, which Triumph claim helps lower weight and improve handling.
The new engine features a wider bore and shorter stroke, which allows the 675 to rev to a staggering 14,400rpm redline. The ceramic-coated aluminium bores are stronger to cope with more pressure and more power; the new model has a couple of extra peak horsepower, an extra ftlb of torque but a claimed increased spread of torque through the midrange.
The engine changes don't stop there: the 675 features titanium valves, twin injectors per cylinder and a larger air intake to better feed the engine. There's also a new slipper clutch (or slip-assist clutch according to Triumph) and a similar system to the Panigale and HP4 that opens the throttle bodies to reduce engine braking with the aim of helping smooth out corner entry.
The suspension on the standard version is still by KYB (Kayaba) but is heavily revised. The 675R still comes with the TTX rear shock and NIX30 upside-down forks.
Expect to see weight saved in similar places on the new 675 as we saw on the Street Triple; lighter wheels and weight trimmed off here and there.
ABS is a £350 option on the 675 but standard fitment on the 675R.
The 675 will retail at £8,899 OTR while the 675R will come in at £10,599 OTR. Both will be available in the new year.

Nice! finally a slipper clutch, exhaust back where it should be, R still has adjustable suspension, love it.

Now all we need is more squids to start writing them off so we have track bikes and spares because the later R6's are still commanding stupid money as stat write off's.

#29 ·
#36 · (Edited)
Looks like a bloody wicked track bike straight out the box.
No mods required. Just pull out of the crate and ready to rip on !!
Agile and powerful, you do not see these two qualities displayed
in a factory ride together very often. They are usually mutually exclusive !!
With all the mods done at the factory, you save thousands. If you
were to spend all the $$$ converting a Japanese supersport to these
specs add on at least 3-4 grand to their price.
1) Slipper Clutch
2) Quick Shifter
3) Ohlins suspension
4) Steel Braided brake lines
5) Switchable ABS with a track mode
6) Slip-on Hindle exhaust
7) Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP rubber

You couldn't touch anything else new for $13,500 with all these goodies.
The 13 Daytona 675R seems like a no brainer for a middle-weight trackie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.