Fz8 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Default Fz8

Well, I finally admitted that my supersport dreams are just that, due to back problems that refuse to quit. I sat on an FZ8 this past weekend, and it felt like seating position was maybe a bit more upright than the ol' 250. Seemed like it would be a fun bike, and reviews I've read seem positive. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one and has an opinion. I think it's on my short list of next bike possibilities.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #2

Garage

I like that bike a lot. I rode an FZ6 for a while years ago, if they are anything alike its a great bike.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to FastAndy For This Useful Post:
NoSkillsMcSuckington (11-23-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillsMcSuckington View Post
Well, I finally admitted that my supersport dreams are just that, due to back problems that refuse to quit. I sat on an FZ8 this past weekend, and it felt like seating position was maybe a bit more upright than the ol' 250. Seemed like it would be a fun bike, and reviews I've read seem positive. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one and has an opinion. I think it's on my short list of next bike possibilities.

I looked and couldn't see the point. Get a FZ1 instead. Or if you're really smart, a Bandit
The Following User Says Thank You to Magona250 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #4

I demoed it and really liked it. The motor rips, so much low end torque. It's. feels a lot lighter than its stated weight. Would love to own one, very easy to ride fast with quick turn in.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbr9927 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #5

Perhaps you can find a demo day close to your area. Yamaha Motorcycle Display and Demo Schedule
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_47 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

That would be nice, but there's never anything closer than 200+ miles. Drawback of living in Louisiana. Almost impossible to work out any test riding here. The area dealers that are listed as demo dealers bring out the "it hasn't been serviced" excuse if you ask for a test ride. I have a pretty good relationship with our Honda/Kawasaki dealer nearby, and they might be inclined to let me test ride since I've purchased 2 bikes from them, but I'm out of luck for Suzuki/Yamaha. Makes it difficult to make an informed decision.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #7

The motor is really made for low end torque and mid range, that's what remember the most. Compared to a 600 SS the powerband is a lot tamer.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillsMcSuckington View Post
That would be nice, but there's never anything closer than 200+ miles. Drawback of living in Louisiana.
I have the same problem in Missouri. Closest to me would be Chicago. I would dearly love to test drive a YZF-R6. I wonder if you could find a 2012 FZ8 for sale on Craigslist? Someone might let you test drive one that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement