Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Australian Motorcycle Expo Melbourne 2012

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ozbenno 
#1 · (Edited)
Came down to Melbourne for the Bike Show yesterday. There was the 2013 CBR250Rs in branded livery (Repsol, Mugen etc). The new 500s and a bunch of trouser-tightening sport rides. I've posted some pix on my blog. Feel free to check them out.

There was also some awesome freestyling. I took some .mpg clips which I'll edit and upload to YouTube and re-post here when I get back home to Sydney.

The 500s are nice enough. I don't know what Honda were thinking with that hideous can though. Ain't going to be my next ride though.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the pics...looks like the show was fairly quiet? I guess the Friday usually is.

I wish I had gone to see it, but it was just too expensive in the end. Will have to wait till next year when it is back in Sydney. Will be good timing as well, as it will probably be time to upgrade at that stage.

What is the B3 like in person? Looks awesome in photos, but not so sure about the dash and the plastics.

Any pictures of a S1000RR?!

#3 ·
Yeah I'm sure the show would have been busier today, Friday was a good day to go.

The B3 is just gorgeous. The only disappointment is the front wheel guard which is cheap matte black plastic. I have no doubt a line of beautiful (but probably expensive :) ) carbon fibre components will be available to rectify that. The dash is all-LCD. It remains to be seen how that goes in full sun. A Belgian guy told me to expect the B3 to be poorer quality than the rest of the MV range because it's their cheapest bike ever, but the unit on show didn't seem poor quality to me, front wheel guard notwithstanding. It's certainly less plasticky than the entire range of Kawis with their bolt on plastic lumps. The Kawis look awesome from a distance but disappoint up close.

BMW didn't let you sit on their bikes on the stand and after being hounded by a pair of S1000RRs on Wednesday, I didn't take any pics, sorry. :) But the two guys riding them both raved. Too big for me I think, at least at this stage. Tho the build quality is exemplary (I actually sat on one at Procycles a couple of weeks ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Hahah fair call about the S1000RR. It is on my dream list..but plenty of learning to do before I reach that level. I have been tempted to head to Procycles many times just to look at it.

Yeah I have heard that about the plastics, but like you said..won't take long for some carbonfibre to come along. After seeing that F4 today I must say I am loving the F3. The electronics issues are a worry, but from what I have read they are up to about the 5th remap, so maybe it is all sorted. Is Trooper Lous the only MV dealer in Sydney?

Look forward to meeting at the ride in a couple of weeks.

#5 ·
There's two MV dealers, Trooper Lu at Moorebank and a crowd up the Central Coast. On the MV forum the guys are uniformly adamant that Justin at Trooper Lu is The Man and to avoid the one up north. Justin is apparently pretty obsessed by the MV marque and coddles each bike like its his own. I guess that's what you need with an Italian motorcycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
Yeah I follow them on facebook and have seen that they did some serious work to a customers F3. And I think the guy you are talking about owns an F4.

I will admit that reliability is the worry for me. I am not the most mechanically minded, and don't have a car so the bike performing correctly is paramount. But hey, if you love it, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.