Long distance travel - Page 5 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #41

Default Long distance?

I got yer long distance right here!

There is a gent named Bob Munden. He rides a CBR125R long distances.

Visit the CBR125 forum for full details. Here is the site:
HondaCBR125R.com Community Forum

Here is how Bob introduces his latest achievement on his 125.

"I just thought that some of you might like to know that the CBR 125 is not as slow as most think.
On July 28 it went 1558 miles in under 24 hours (23 hours 57 minutes). This ride has now been
certified by the Iron Butt Association after a full review of the witnesses and documentation."

And how many kilometers is that, in one day? 2508
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #42
han

hi guys..i want to ride from borders of malaysia n thai to krabi soon...anyone can guide..thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #43

Bob is my hero.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #44

just read in my IBA Magazine about a CBR250R that was used for a SS 1600 KLM's that = 1000 miles or more in 24 hrs or less. grear report of a FUN day
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #45

WOW and it's cool to read about long distance rides that noone CAN say it can't handle it! I agree about an earlier post about you don't need a bigger bike to do it. A 250cc has proven in the past and present, it CAN and WILL handle anything thrown at it!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #46

Location: Kanchanaburi, Thailand,,, and Newcastle. NSW. Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Go for it.

Longest in one day, 780km from Bangkok to Burma and back.

And a 3 day trip of 1,800km.

The mind felt more tired than the body.
i reckon that would be to sankhlaburi and maybe up to the 3 pagodas, drop in and see us next time if you are down in Kanchanaburi!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by my250cbrgeo View Post
WOW and it's cool to read about long distance rides that noone CAN say it can't handle it! I agree about an earlier post about you don't need a bigger bike to do it. A 250cc has proven in the past and present, it CAN and WILL handle anything thrown at it!
Definitely can handle big distances - week before last I knocked off a 3 day 2900k blast from Sydney to the Great Ocean Road (a little past Melbourne), including a lap of the Snowy Mountains. All just names to you I'm sure, but probably some of the best riding in Oz.

Final day was around 1650ks (and a slightly ridiculous 18hrs or so), and the next day I felt fine - so fine that all I wanted to do was go for a ride...

I'll write up a ride report in the next few weeks.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by han View Post
hi guys..i want to ride from borders of malaysia n thai to krabi soon...anyone can guide..thanks

Get yourself a GPS and go for it! I rode from Koh Samui to Singapore with my wife in a pretty spontaneous way, and ~1500km in 3 days was A LOT of fun, so I don't think it will be a problem for you.

If you go from KL to Krabi, I recommend you stay overnight at Tasoh lake. There's a hotel right at the lake, the place is just great and not so expensive (~$40 per night). Here are some pictures (sorry, I just can't figure out how to attach them to this post directly).

PS - we also made a trip from Koh Samui to Golden Triangle and back during NY holidays, it was also a great time. You can see some pictures here.

Last edited by boklanio; 02-20-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #49

Default Long distance travel

Over here in New Zealand I just completed a 920km round trip from Auckland to Havelock North and back to Auckland in two days. The purpose of the trip was to attend a family wedding so my wife, being a really encouraging type suggested I rode while she and the kids followed behind in the car.

This is the longest trip I've ridden on the CBR250 and I have the say the bike was faultless when combining key attributes of ride comfort, handling and fuel economy. Sure there are more expensive bikes built with sophisticated suspension set ups for longer distance touring but this bike performed way beyond my expectations.

If motorcycle touring is anything like this then I'm hooked and want to do more of it in the years ahead (I'm 46 so I think there's a lot left in the tank...)

I've included a few pics which include 1) right-turn in Cambridge, 2) approach to Tokoroa, 3) stop-off at Lake Taupo, 4) desolate Taupo to Napier road, 5) pool complex on the beach front in Napier and 6) me and the boys

Edit: pics now uploaded.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by DamianW; 09-13-2013 at 12:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DamianW For This Useful Post:
CBR250R (03-12-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #50
Red

Nice one Damian. At 46 you still have a couple of gears left. I'm in '5th' and its pretty good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
DamianW (04-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement