Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Gear Brand?

5K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  Dren 
#1 ·
Ok so I am sure I will get a lecture on this, but I bought a used jacket today and I am pretty sure it is a cheap brand. It is TM... Has anyone ever heard of it? I cant find anything on google on it. Curious as to what the quality is like. Any info on it would be great.

Thanks,

#6 ·
#12 ·
Cordura is a DuPont trademark name for that particular textile fabric. It's also used in a lot of backpacks, luggage, hiking boots etc.

No ideas about that brand "TM", though.

Like Aufitt said, the best riding apparel is made from cows (mostly steer hide... cows are for milking)... haven't seen many gloves advertised as being made from 'roos... must be an exclusive product down under. I'll bet that 'roo hide makes for some nice, soft gloves.

#14 ·
Perhaps a picture of the whole jacket would help ID it. Beyond that, leather IS better, but that does not mean textile is bad. There are different grades of Cordura and most bike jackets are made with the highest grade. Abrasion resistance is very comparable to leather in most riding situations ( 75 mph and below). Get leather if you can afford it, but get textile if you can't. GET SOMETHING. Also, What kind of armor is in the TM jacket?

Reactions: live_to_ride
#23 ·
All I can add is, it's a textile touring jacket. And your cats are cute...

#27 ·
Like everything Branding holds only so much value. As I pm'd you, leather and armour is the best. When on a budget, textile with armour is still good. It's better than a denim jacket or a t-shirt.

#28 ·
This jacket is definitely not a permanent solution. The straps in the arms/waist do help though. I bought it in case I cant find anything before my course starts. I had to get something. I still have a month before then to see if I can find something that fits a little better and hopefully soon after that I will either have saved up enough/have more money to buy something new or can find something used that fits!

#29 ·
Starting up riding is expensive. Once you get going, this bike is inexpensive to run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.