Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Corbin seats

23K views 64 replies 31 participants last post by  efoo 
#1 ·
Corbin CBR250R front and rear seats

Anyone replaced their stock seat yet? I know how comfortable Corbin seats are and I see they are offering a nice looking replacement for our bikes.

#5 ·
I a ordering, I have had two before and liked them both. On my vtx 1300, if had kept it, I would need to have the seat modified further, but it was still waaaay better than stock. rode the vtx1300c into the dealer, rode out on sh150i. No regrets, but wish corbin made a seat for the SH150i.

#9 ·
Sweet!! Now that is a worthwhile mod!

I don't see the point is spending masive dough on performance items for this bike like pipes that net you a whole 1-2 hp gain but...
Anything that improves ride quality like suspension, ergo's, comfort is money well spent I think.

Thank you for the link Azul

#10 ·
Can't wait for a report on these. I had one on a Nighthawk 750 and it was a great improvement.
The one thing I don't like about the CBR is the sporter style - I would rather have a naked street bike with the same engine and drivetrain. I'd like to hear if the Corbin saddle makes the riding position even more aggressive than the stock seat. My hands hurt some from the forward posture as it is.

#11 ·
Pete, if your hands are bothering you, try tightening your grip on the tank with your thighs and taking some pressure off of your arms. Arms should be for controlling the bike, not supporting your body weight. Your back and legs should be what is sore after a long sporty ride, at least, more so than your hands/wrists.

#18 ·
Just a heads up for all you who have ordered or are ordering the seat.

While I have no personal experience with Corbin, I have talked to many guys who have them over the years and they all say pretty much the exact same thing.

It takes 2K-3K riding miles for the seat to really break in and conform to the shape of your cheeks (not the ones on your face :D) After it's broken in it's great.
Before it breaks in, it is God awfully hard.
Most of the guys I talked to said after a couple hundred miles, their butt would hurt more than it did on the stock seat. After it broke in however, they could go many more miles than they could with the stock seat.

So if you get one of these seats and don't like it, put a couple thosand miles on it before making a final judgement.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program :)

#20 ·
My long gone FJ1100 had a Corbin seat (the original owner got it). The seat sort of 'was never there'. That's the way it should be !
My Honda Blackbird has a very good stock seat, I've never felt that there was any reason to replace it so obviously Honda engineering knows how to make a seat that's good for the long haul.. I don't know if spec-ing a better seat for the 250 would have either cost more money or raised the height more than their target. They probably figured that most people would be using the bike primarily for short trips so the seat that they have now is good enough.

#21 · (Edited)
unfortunately for me...while there are several good riding roads in my county...they get old pretty quick after the 12th time your riding it..to get to other great riding areas takes a 2-3 hours riding time....thats 1 way..plus riding the area while there...then the ride home...my rear is gettn real sore after 1.5 hours on the stock seat...and is downright despicably sore after 2.5..

{it takes 2K-3K riding miles for the seat to really break in and conform to the shape of your cheeks (not the ones on your face ) After it's broken in it's great.}
I dont see how the Corbin could possibly be any worse...I think your butt needs time to adjust to any new seat..I bought a Butt Buffer gel seat pad and i was twice as sore after an hour than i ever was on the stock....obviously it was alot softer but still made me sore....rather than get my rear used to it I returned it for a refund the same day i ordered the corbin...(if I had to retrain my butt to sitting on something i rather it be a new,different kind of seat rather than a pad)

Long story short..I dont think it will take anywhere near 2-3K before your cheeks start getn used to it and lets you enjoy longer and longer subsequent rides in the saddle.....something I dont think could have ever been accomplished with the stock seat no matter how long you rode on it

#23 ·
I dont think miles ever improved my corbin seat, they were great from the get go. corbin probably says that for people that have never put in the miles. My corbins could have been more firm, after 2.5 to 3 hours, they begin to feel softer than when you started. I like the firm seat.

#25 ·
Corbin is right, firm is better. His site also mentions the gel seats not being the solution. I am pretty sure you will like the corbin. On my vtx, if I kept it I would have the seat flattened more and closer to level. the KLR seat was flat and level. This meant you were not always slipping to the front or the rear because it was near level. And the flatness meant if you are narra assed like me, you can move around and change your position once in a while on long rides. Worked very well for me. So on a long ride 500-700 mi. a day, the only other things I like is a throttle lock so you can shake out your throttle hand, and a camel bak or platypus.

#27 · (Edited)
3 to 4 week manufacture time after you order it...mine is at week 3 today...wish it would hurry up and get delivered....

after 2 thousand miles on the stock,still an hour and a half to 2 hours is all my tail can stand...there is no stamina to build on the stock seat...its as good as it is ever gonna get already.....ill post when my corbin comes in and i put some miles on it :)

#28 ·
I rode 5 hours last Saturday. After 2 hours I was dying. Got off for about 20 minutes. Back on for another 3 hours and never got uncomfortable again. Strange? 1.5 to 2 hours and it gets pretty rough though usually. Please give us a review spdklls. This is an upgrade I could justify! Also, I was wondering, don't you have some great terrain just to the south of you? Really looking forward to a review of the Corbin. Seargent is supposed to make pretty good seats too.

#29 · (Edited)
Usually getting off the saddle for awhile helps me too but after 20 minutes back in the saddle and I'm in the in agony zone again

I have alot of great riding to the north..erwin,shadey valley plus kentucky west virginia ......within visual distance to the east theres the smokey mountains of Tn and western north carolina, and to the south..more mountains, gatlinburg,pigeon forge,tail of the dragon, cherohala skyway...all of which is an average hour,hour and half to even 2 hours just to get there from my house here....its not fun riding twisties or riding in the mountains when all you think about the whole time is wishing for your bum to either go completely numb or just fall off all together :)

#30 ·
I installed my Corbin seat last night. I ordered it with the faux Ostrich leather cover and black side panel. It's pretty understated. I didn't want to try and match any colors on the bike b/c if they don't match right, like if the reds are really different, it doesn't look good IMHO.

The seat fits tighter around the panels than the stock seat, see picture. All the holes and tongues lined up so it was a no hassle install. You can see a small gap at the lower rear which the stock seat does not leave. I will be inspecting under the seat after the first rain that this setup is exposed to be sure that there are no water drainage issues.

I only rode it for 5 miles but I can feel the difference between it and the stock seat. It feels broader and flatter and I could feel myself slowly 'squish' into the seat at the pressure points.

I'm signed up for an all-day ride this weekend so I'll have a chance to try it 'for real'...

Attachments

#34 ·
I ordered it the night that this thread started.. looks like that'd be Aug 23rd.
I got a machine generated response saying that my order was in the queue and that the usual lead time is 3-4 weeks to process the order. I heard nothing after that and just assumed that I wouldn't be getting it until the end of this month. Then it just showed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.