Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

VFR800 Interceptor

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hondafan 
#1 ·
I know that the current model is relatively new but I'm curious if anybody has heard/read any rumors on when Honda will be re-modeling the VFR800 Interceptor?

#3 ·
When you ask about the current model as being new, are you talking about the VFR1200F? The VFR800i is a relatively old model having its' debut back in 2002. Honda has revamped the engine's operating characteristics but left the chassis unchanged in the new Crossrunner. Here's a link to a picture: Honda Crossrunner First Look Picture 1 of 10 - Motorcycle USA
Actually I was thinking of the VFR800i. Not to crazy about the fairing for the "Crossrunner."

#6 ·
I was just curious - I'm already thinking a year or two down the road when I want to upgrade from my CBR250.

Honda developed the VFR1200 and now this past year the CBR250 is released (which looks very similar just much smaller). Add to that the current VFR800 model was released in the early 2000's. I think its only a matter of time before the VFR800 is remodeled (possibly looking more like the VFR1200).

#7 ·
The VFR 800 was never a huge seller, I doubt it comes back. My local dealer does a lot of honda close out wharehouse auctions and got 10 2004 left overs back in 2007. Sold them all for 7495. I waited for the 25th anniversary edition, they got one in right away and sold it promptly to me for 7995, also in 2007. They didn't get any more in and usually have one or two used on the floor that look like new. They never did get and of the new VFR1200 bikes in, said they wouldn't either, too expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.