Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - View Single Post - Best Performance parts!!
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 05-01-2014, 05:57 AM
808cruiser

Thumbs up some suggestions for fun increases in HP

Hello,
I have used my 2012 as my main transport since purchasing it a couple years ago. It is a fantastic bike for my purposes. I have had a long standing love affair with 250cc bikes starting with my first YZ 250 F for motocross a decade ago. So heres some suggestions for the most fun mods that DO deliver a noticeable increase on this bike when in the mid range speeds and around town or in corners.
I put on a stainless header and a two brothers carbon fiber black exhaust. it looks sharp, is extremely throaty and appealing in sound (turns a lot of heads and is distinctive), gives a better throttle response (maybe 1 or 2 HP) and most importantly saves a ton of weight from the bulky stock exhaust.
Adding a K&N air filter is not so expensive and improves the breathing further with the exhaust.
The stock tires are fine but better rubber (pirelli diablo rosso IIs or whatever) make handling nicer even.
A 13T sprocket up front lowers top end to around 85mph instead of 90 but is fun in corners and i have no need of 90mph out of this bike.
a power commander is pretty insignificant to me as the bike really runs great with the exhaust and filter. The more weight you shed the better if you don't have a passenger you could go with changing pegs and things. but for a regular rider its nice to have the passenger set up. I even bolted a rack on mine and an egg crate so i can carry gear as well as a passenger, even a dog at times. all in all you can get maybe a total of 3 to 5 more hp with basic mods. more importantly is losing weight if you are going that direction. but the bike is great fun and well set up. its all about appeal in riding to me.
maintain it well and you will get years of fun use.
ride safe and enjoy lifes turns.
The Following User Says Thank You to 808cruiser For This Useful Post:
sgriggl (05-01-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome