Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - View Single Post - Repsol Orange Wheels?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 08-25-2016, 11:12 AM
jkv357

You won't need to replace the rims - just have them painted or, better yet, powder coated.

You should be able to find a shop that does custom powder coating. The rims will need to be completely disassembled - rotors, bearings, seals, everything removed. They should then have the original coating removed, be lightly media blasted, cleaned, chemically treated, masked, and coated. This is what I do for a living.

There's an orange rim on my home page - Apex Custom Coating, Powder Coating, Media Blasting, Middleton/Madison WI. They only come in silver, and I do them mostly in black, but occasionally will do them in other colors like orange, green, yellow, blue.

It's a lot less expensive than replacing the rims, but it's still not cheap to do right. Look for a place that does "custom" coating and not production coating like shelves, cabinets, chairs, etc. Production shops typically don't do well with small items like a couple of wheels. They are set-up for doing thousands of the same thing, over and over, and rarely take the time to properly do the detail work needed on critical items like wheels.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome