Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - View Single Post - Impact of Vibration on Rider Fatigue
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 07-16-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
tegs

Garage
Impact of Vibration on Rider Fatigue

There's been a fair bit of research done into impact of whole body vibration and hand arm vibration on rider fatigue, but it's usually directed towards automotives. It's a very complex issue, with different frequencies having different impacts, and even sinusoidal vs consistent amplitude being significant.

I did find a study out of China regarding motorcycles, which found that riders are consistently exposed to levels of vibration significantly higher than automotives, and exceeding the maximum recommended guidelines for autos.

This got me wondering if vibration is a big part of the fatigue I experience at higher speeds where the tach has to be at 6k+.

I've been eyeballing NC700s as an upgrade, and having an engine that produces peak torque at 4750 RPM is suddenly much more appealing. I wonder if that would translate to a lot less vibration and thus less fatigue.

Anyway, something I'm pondering today, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Every bike is a good bike. The question is whether or not it's the best bike for what you want to do.

The Little Sport Tourer That Could - 2011 CBR250R with touring windscreen, Saddlemen seat, tank cover, frame sliders, mirror extenders, taller gearing via sprockets to fix speedo and reduce vibration at highway speed. Written off due to act of moron.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome