Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - View Single Post - Back in the saddle
View Single Post
post #21 of Old 12-19-2018, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
eigo321

Interesting to read all your comments, all of which I will take on board... but not for a while, unfortunately.
For the time being I am very much back out of the saddle. No, I haven't fallen off, though I think it's a safe bet that the previous owner did.
During my first ride out on Friday last I was concentrating on the road more than anything else. Sefty first!
Had another run out on Sunday - in much better weather - and was able to take a lot more in. First thing I noticed was that when riding in a straight line, the top yolk seemed to be pointing off to the left. Only a couple of degrees but in my book that's a few degrees too many. In fairness, the bike seemed to handle OK but it still doesn't seem right to me.
On arriving back home I had a good look around and noticed that the right hand bad had a definite bend in it. It was compensated for by the simple expedient of rotating the bar around the fork top. I'll try and post a pic if I can. Anyway, more bad news.
Finally, I switched on the ignition after dark and found that some of the console back light LEDs aren't working. By this time I'm not a happy camper.
Phoned the shop on Monday (several times). Got the impression that they weren't all that eager to help but eventually they agreed to pick the bike up and take it back for repairs. It's all left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes, especially with a used bike.
Hey ho. Christmas soon. 'Tis the season for goodwill so I will try to administer some
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bars2.jpg (126.2 KB, 9 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome