Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

street fighter?

18K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  imilatz 
#1 ·
anyone from here done this, or intersted?

i have a 2013 250R. really wanted to convert to cafe style, but after seeing this, i'm very interestd.

$993CN = $650 USD. on the expensive side but everyting is bolt on.

any thought?

51BLK-S for CBR250 with single seat ? BLK LAB Motorcycles

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks HAWT to me are you going to order it? If you do please do a write up and let us know how it goes. I have already spent to much on my 250 if I ordered that the wife would cut my sack

#7 ·
I really like it like I said earlier.... I live in the Philippines with the kit cost and shipping is $1300.00 USD, then 50% of that bill would be the import duty. So the cost for me is $1800.00. Thats just way to much for the kit. Maybe when I go visit my mom in Cali I will have it already at her place and just carry it back in my luggage :D

#11 ·
Easy big dog, if you dont like the looks no since coming down on someone else that has a different taste then you do. I DO NOT like the stock look or the handling of it so I did what I wanted to too MY BIKE!

If the OP likes that look its his bike and money to do what he wants to do with it. If it wasnt so expensive I would do it to mine also, it my opinion.

#14 · (Edited)
And so it is....

Oh come on guys, 'Street Fighter' is slang for ,"oh sh*t I've dropped it and cant afford the repairs while paying the finance back".. Lets take of the fairing and paint it matt black to hide the poor filler work and scratches.

Now if your talking about post #6 then at least he tried and put some effort in to make an 'naked bike'

Reactions: CBR-250-R
#15 ·
And so it is....

Oh come on guys, 'Street Fighter' is slang for ,"oh sh*t I've dropped it and cant afford the repairs while paying the finance back"
actually that's not at all what it means, and not at all the case. being that my bike was never dropped, and was bought in cash. because the girl friend couldn't stand riding a sport bike that in OUR OPINION looks like a scooter. why is it that your opinion is superior to any one else? nobody is forcing you to do this to your bike and no one is forcing you to look at or comment on this thread.

#18 ·
Bought cheap Chinese fairings... Never again. I kinda like the look though. It being my first bike I knew I was gonna drop it. So looks wernt big on my purchase. I saw fuel injection, 250, and was a "sport bike" and was sold. Oh can't forget the Honda also.

#20 ·
LOL this gotta outta hand really quick, to each their own.

#22 ·
I actually like the look of that kit. The tail however looks kind of... unfinished?

I dont like the look of the 250r at all, thats why I swapped over to the 300r fairings. I would get it, but with a new 250/300rr possibly coming out I would get that and see what I could do to that possibly.

#27 ·
I could think of a few cheaper ways to make your ride look like a dogs diner...
I was referring to the OP post on the $650 kit which makes the bike look like a 'dogs dinner', the same effect could be found by giving a 5 year old $10, a spanner, a hacksaw and some matt black paint.

At no time did I refer to your bike directly (photo in post #5 ), which I would consider converted to 'Naked', its doesn't look scruffy, damaged or abused so in my (allegedly superior) opinion doesn't qualify for 'Street Fighter' status.

Post #6 which has tried hard to make a café racer.

The definition of street fighter as I have said before is "oh sh*t I've dropped it and cant afford the repairs while paying the finance back", lets remove the fairing and paint it matt black, so everyone will think I'm hard and not a complete pri*k for dropping in the first place.

#29 · (Edited)
The definition of street fighter as I have said before is "oh sh*t I've dropped it and cant afford the repairs while paying the finance back", lets remove the fairing and paint it matt black, so everyone will think I'm hard and not a complete pri*k for dropping in the first place.
However, when you drop your bike by running it into a downed spruce, riding the Sheetiron 300 with one of your kids, you turn it into a rat bike.

http://oaklandmotorcycleclub.camp9.org/event-1863205

#28 · (Edited)
his very first post says....

"""anyone from here done this, or intersted?

i have a 2013 250R. really wanted to convert to cafe style, but after seeing this, i'm very interestd.

$993CN = $650 USD. on the expensive side but everyting is bolt on.

any thought? ""

he asked if "anyone here has done this or interested" (that was first time opinions were asked for, could be yes or no answer but he does not say ) ...then states he really wanted to convert to cafe style...then he lists the kit...and then asks AGAIN...any thoughts..( second time opinions were asked for and this one is wide open for any reply for any thought on subject ).

I do not know lemmy...but his opinion was asked for, he gave it, it may not suited everyone..but tuff horse excrement

Plus I did not see any post where the OP objected to lemmy`s opinion, it looked like it was just you who took offense

#30 ·
So asking if anyone has done it or interested in doing it is asking for an opinion?

Asking if someone is interested in doing something like this to their bike is a yes or no question. If proceeded with the question of why then that is where the opinion on the look comes in. Though I doubt they would of answered that question just like they didnt answer how this look could be achieved at a cheaper price. And no a hacksaw and a spanner wrench (when the bolts use an allen wrench configuration) and a can of matte black paint wouldnt achieve this look.

There is a difference between having an opinion and being rude.

#31 ·
So asking if anyone has done it or interested in doing it is asking for an opinion?

Asking if someone is interested in doing something like this to their bike is a yes or no question. If proceeded with the question of why then that is where the opinion on the look comes in.

There is a difference between having an opinion and being rude.

Imho:
Asking for a yes or a know, in special with 'any thought' at the end and in an extra row, is indeed asking for opinions!
Both ways.
If someone don't want the 'No's', write in in the question/topic. Please!
It's not expectable, that people read it as 'only yes and interested in doing it have the permition to answer.'
Also with a clear entry post, you can pull the 'just failed topic' answer and let the unwanted negative input go away.
>:)
Aside, that the looks is kind of nice at the front and rear (from this angle), I see it unfinished, in special the original seat, too.
Interesting and good looking is the fitting of the original rear end, ok, the lights, to the short version of the rear, now.
And the seat could be easily upholstered to a nic.., eh, other looks.

Now coming to the definition, that only crashed bikes with fairings get converted:
How many people/bikes do you know, the reason wasn't a 'oh f@#k, the fairings is so expensive, the exhaust also, let's make it a street fighter!'?

I can't recall any bike, that became a street fighter from the base of a naked version. And asking people, who loved their Sport bike by the looks before, why they changed to the street fighter design, was sometimes the honest 'it saved a lot of bucks and now it looks very different'.
But: they would have never changed it, without the slide on the track/road.

Lucky, money can't be the reason for our CBR's, right? All plastic is cheap, so any conversion could have cost more, as rebuilding it, like it came from the factory.

Btw., midgeinc, congrats to the 'I skip hospital and wanna go direct to temple' S1000. Great bike, I drove one for a weekend, last month in europe. I think, I would never change to sport/track-mode, on thai roads. Ok, I'm a puss, I have to admit.
But you had the idea, to convert your now sold 250R to a street fighter.
Since the 300R came out, there are options.
So why didn't you do it?
:wink2:

And last but not least, opinion or being rude.
Out of my pov, that is a flexible border, in (not only) this forum 0:)

And it all started with the 'I want positive feedback', but not marking a 'only' in the entry post, here.

Come on, guys, taste is different. If you show yours in public, someone will tell you, your taste is, eh, not a good one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.