• 2 Post By shisoshin
  • 1 Post By CBR-250-R
  • 1 Post By zirconx
  • 1 Post By lemmy99

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
SDM

brake/tail light off

I have already looked to see if i could find anything about what I am trying to do no result that I could find. I am using my 250 for street and track. No brake/tail lights allowed on the track. I have been using duct tape to cover it up, however its a pain in the butt to rub off all the left over adhesive. I have tried to unplug it, but it wont let the bike start with it unplugged. My question is does anyone know of a switch or something I can do to the wiring to turn them off when I am at the track? This will just be temporary until I make the 250 into a track only bike.

June 2013 BOM winner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Painted
Steel braided brake lines
CORBIN front and pillion seat
HID Projector, W/ orange demon & red, white angel
305cc Big bore kit, PCV + Auto tuner, Ohlins rear shock, Emulators, .95 springs, Sintered HH pads. S.S. header, 2 Bros slip on, integrated brake turn signals, -1/+2, flush mount turn signals, tail tidy, T-Rex sliders, and rear spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 08:32 AM

black heat resistant exhaust paint
a second rear light bulp
spraying
changing

should do for the track

Question: to unplug, taking of the bulb connector?
And you saying, it will not start without a rearbulb circuit?
What happens, if it blows during a ride?

Disclaimer:
Can contain irony and/or sarcasm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Garage
I just used painters tape and had no issues. It stuck on well enough to not come off and was easy to remove at the end of the day with no residue. Also I unplugged my rear light with no issues. Does it throw a code too when you turn the key and/or just not let the starter turn?
CBR-250-R likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
to avoid that pesky residue
put a plastic bag over it
then use the tape, include
taping around the bag..

when done racing
rip it all off..
oldguy50+ and CBR-250-R like this.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
SDM

@CBR Blaize Thats what I did this time, used painters tape then went over that with duct tape, came off easy was just hoping i could use a switch and turn it off.

@CBR-250-R When I unplugged the whole rear socket the bike would not start. Never looked to see if it was throwing a fault message. I cant remove the bulb as its an after market LED with turn signals built in it.

This all leads to my next question, once I get my track fairings, there is no place for brake and or headlights to go, if the bike wont start with either of these not plugged in what is my options to be able to start the bike?

June 2013 BOM winner

Custom Painted
305cc Big bore kit, PCV + Auto tuner, Ohlins rear shock, Emulators, .95 springs, Sintered HH pads. S.S. header, 2 Bros slip on, integrated brake turn signals, -1/+2, flush mount turn signals, tail tidy, T-Rex sliders, and rear spools
post #6 of 9 Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM View Post

This all leads to my next question, once I get my track fairings, there is no place for brake and or headlights to go, if the bike wont start with either of these not plugged in what is my options to be able to start the bike?
I still can't really think of a "no start" with dead rear light, as OEM-function.
But in case it is not a "aftermarket LED unit-feature", put the bulp in a case under the rearseat cover. Somewhere there, even track fairing, should give you some unused space for such needs.
SDM likes this.

Disclaimer:
Can contain irony and/or sarcasm

post #7 of 9 Old 01-07-2016, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
SDM

I didnt unplug just the bulb, I unplugged the whole rear harness. When I tried to start it wouldnt start. As soon as I plugged it back in the bike started right up.

June 2013 BOM winner

Custom Painted
post #8 of 9 Old 01-07-2016, 09:17 AM

How about just unplug the bulb then, instead of unplugging the rear harness?

If you switch to an LED bulb you won't burn yourself trying to take out a recently-on regular bulb.

Put a little silicone grease on the rubber seal and it will be easy to remove the socket each time. It can be a bear the first time, I had to use pliers.

You could also wire in an inline switch.

Just splice it into one of the wires going to the bulb. Preferably the positive wire.

SDM likes this.

Last edited by zirconx; 01-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-07-2016, 10:53 AM

Garage
The rear harness also contains the ECU reset plug connections, it properly wont start as without it connected the ECU is waiting for the codes to be reset.

Try disconnecting only the 3 wires for the tail light (Tail, brake and ground) and leave the others connected.
SDM likes this.

2013 CBR250RAD Repsol Replica with ABS (now sold)
Presently have a 2002 Ducati 750Sport ie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page