Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Black rims and more Red Paint

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mwlehman 
#1 ·
I have been slowly painting parts red on this one and put a pair of factory black rims on it. I am not sure if I should stop or do all the silver. I kind of like it the way it is but I always have to play..

like my custom exhaust hanger?? found a nice piece of aluminum strap on the side of the road in Key West and thought it would work perfect

I bought another motor for it..this one runs fine but I was going to tear the other one apart and go over it, piston, cams, smooth ports out, lighten some parts..blah blah blah

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey mwlehman , nice looking ride....just wondering, did you paint the long piece of plastic just below the seat red, or did you buy new red ones....on my bike its silver and I think it looks much better being red,....I'm thinking of changing all the silver plastics to red....but if you want to do it first and post pics I'c be more then willing to follow your progress....lol..lol..

#5 ·
I cut off the rear passenger handle/grab bars, filled them in and contoured them to match panel shape and then painted both red. I mixed up some red to match but it is just a little dark.

bike just turned 17000 miles today, I bought it with 14500 about

#9 ·
Wouldn't it have been easier to simply remove the grab bars? Or does that leave too large a gap?
I like the added red do-dads like the oil filler cap, but I think you're at the limit where adding any more small red accents to the engine and handlebars might become more of a distraction than an improvement.
Some folks go a little overboard with that stuff, but what you have right now is quite tasteful.

#6 ·
Very nice, I like what your doing. I removed my grab handles as well, I felt they ruined the lines of the rear end.
Really like your exhaust, haven't seen that type before.

#11 · (Edited)
yup, I agree 100%, anymore will start to look tacky..The only thing I am debating it painting the rest of the silver parts red. I am not sure if I will like it

It wasn`t hard to cut off handles and paint, I had to use a little filler to get shape correct..well close anyway LOL...but it is kind of what I do.

I can do some for people if they are interested. just buy a cheap set off ebay and send them to me..I can do it for a couple bucks, paint them black or rear body panel color

thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.