Removing side fairings - any way to attach turn signals? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-03-2016, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Removing side fairings - any way to attach turn signals?

I really like the half faired look of the SV650S, so I pulled the side and bottom fairings off my 250 last night. I love being able to see the engine properly, but the stock turn signal attachment just doesn't work without the fairings supporting it.

Has anybody else tried this, and did they find a way to securely attach the turn indicators?

Thanks!

Every bike is a good bike. The question is whether or not it's the best bike for what you want to do.

The Little Sport Tourer That Could - 2011 CBR250R with touring windscreen, Saddlemen seat, tank cover, frame sliders, mirror extenders, taller gearing via sprockets to fix speedo and reduce vibration at highway speed. Written off due to act of moron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-03-2016, 09:41 PM

You could add LEDs to the front and side of the bike to replace the stock turn signals. Check out Oznium's flush mount LED bolts. There's a flat spot just beside the lower portion of the headlight that's just big enough to fit them. Happy modding!

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all. -Helen Keller
post #3 of 6 Old 06-04-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My concern is that LEDs near the headlight would reduce oncoming traffic's ability to guess my speed.

I'm also kind of a miser, so I was hoping to not spend much. I suspect that may not be possible, and that I'll just have to put the fairing back on.

Every bike is a good bike. The question is whether or not it's the best bike for what you want to do.

The Little Sport Tourer That Could - 2011 CBR250R with touring windscreen, Saddlemen seat, tank cover, frame sliders, mirror extenders, taller gearing via sprockets to fix speedo and reduce vibration at highway speed. Written off due to act of moron.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-05-2016, 05:14 PM

I can't assume drivers out there are looking, let alone thinking.

Let us know what you come up with.

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all. -Helen Keller
post #5 of 6 Old 06-05-2016, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, I could get some strapping and lag bolts, and attach a piece of 2x4 to the frame. That would certainly be easy. :-p

I'll have to put some thought into this.

post #6 of 6 Old 08-05-2016, 04:51 AM

Garage
Are you planning on keeping the rest of the upper fairings? I played around with removing fairings and refitting the stock turn signals in https://www.cbr250.net/forum/616186-post465.html
but have since gone back to faired.

I had considered buying a pair of ebay combination mirror/turn-signal and may end up doing so anyway if I screw up a side fairing too badly. Smoke Integrated LED Turn Signal Mirror for Honda CBR 250 500 600 1000 RR F1 F4i | eBay

2013 Black CBR250R ABS, forced to haul my 6'1 270lb butt.
1997 Red VLX600CD, now with 100% less fuel pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page