New guy from OK. - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Outcast Falcon
Talking New guy from OK.

How goes it everyone?
I'm Falcon(Dave), and I've had my CBR 250R for a year now and have loved every minute... Aside from my wreck last week. But on the up side I got directed here, and now have a fair excuse to swap the exhaust.

Hope I can contribute to the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you okay; what happened?

- Safe Riding

2012 Tri-Color CBR250R

2005 Tribal CBR600RR
post #3 of 8 Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. And long story ahead.

Was leaving an Interview that went really well. Turning left, got caught at a red light as the sensor didn't pick me up. Had a very impatient person behind who honked and even tapped my wheel which I let go... Well after the turn signal stayed red I went(OK actually has some half decent laws for bikes and turns).
Well hot rod Harry guns it out tailgates me for a few blocks, I finally pull away to slow for a turn, look over shoulder as I slow down and he is just flying. So had to take the turn much faster than I wanted to or should have. Rear wheel caught some gravel and bam... Hard bail and slide.

Luckily and blessedly I only bruised and rashed up my knee. Bike had it a bit worse. Blinker got jammed into the fairing, the front fairing got scared up good, mirrior is shot, and my exhaust got obliterated. All in all. Not bad. Just really frustrating.

Oh and screw State Farm. As I failed to get details aside from make and model, thus the police can't do terribly much. I'm at fault in their minds... So anyone know a good insurance company?

post #4 of 8 Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM
SDM

Welcome from the Philippines..... Sad to hear that drivers are getting worse in USA, need a change? Want to ride with operators that dont give a crap about you or what you riding/driving? Well come on over and visit the Philippines.... We are a multi-cultural island with drivers that cant drive, they only care about themselves and where they are going, God forbid if they had to put down their phones and stop texting while driving

Glad to hear your okay and again welcome to the forums.

June 2013 BOM winner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Painted
Steel braided brake lines
CORBIN front and pillion seat
HID Projector, W/ orange demon & red, white angel
305cc Big bore kit, PCV + Auto tuner, Ohlins rear shock, Emulators, .95 springs, Sintered HH pads. S.S. header, 2 Bros slip on, integrated brake turn signals, -1/+2, flush mount turn signals, tail tidy, T-Rex sliders, and rear spools
post #5 of 8 Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 AM

OutcastFalcon, sorry to hear about the drop, glad to hear your Ok in OK, welcome to the forum, glad the day had some Positives (interview). reminds me of a saying I heard, Only 2 types of drivers, the Idiot in front of you and the A...ole in back of you.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 AM

I assume he just drove past you on the side of the road...dang, what a nut case...I've heard there are people out there who hate government so much, they think traffic laws (traffic lights, stop signs, etc) are a violation of their constitutional rights because they regulate how they drive. Coupla years ago, on FB, I got in a debate with some fool named Militia Joe, or something like that from Oklahoma about it...
Anyway, that's never happened to me, but I've planned for it...I'll just hit a side street or big parking lot and just let them go.
And...welcome to the forum from Chattanooga, Tn.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain
post #7 of 8 Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

More positive. Have the second interview Thursday!!! And I get the news on my bike tomorrow so here's praying she will soon be road ready.

And no the dbag didn't stop. Although my faith in humanity was restored by a guy named Mark(c) who flipped around a mile down the road came back and helped me get my bike up, and made sure I was good. I doubt he reads this board but I know we all know a guy like him.
I'm really happy to be here thanks for the super welcome.
As for the Phillipines, been there got the t-shirt from the unit I served with there. And I'll enjoy 35% clueless phone leaches haha.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Welcome! You will love this community.

Tips? Get a 13T front sprocket, you will enjoy the torque. Also, wear all safety gear all the time and ride fun but safe. :-)

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2003 CBR600RR

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page