Hello, and a few questions for you all. - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 01-29-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsharp View Post
What part of ms are you from, I am in pearl, like they said you just got to go and sit on them. I was looking at a 300 or ninja 250 but went with the cbr250 because it was more comfortable than the others, just felt right. Got gear in Jackson has one repsol cbr250 left and u could prob pick up for pretty cheap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I checked with GotGear - He said he would beat my local dealer just to try to make the sale, but couldn't go any lower. Its not worth the drive for just a small discount. So it looks like my local dealer will get my business (which is how it should be.)

Thanks for the comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainvet View Post
I checked with GotGear - He said he would beat my local dealer just to try to make the sale, but couldn't go any lower. Its not worth the drive for just a small discount. So it looks like my local dealer will get my business (which is how it should be.)

Thanks for the comments.

Well sorry it didn't work out, I am tired of looking at the bike every time I go to got gear. I wish you good luck and hope you find a smokin deal somewhere!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #23 of 24 Old 02-01-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

It finally thawed out around here, so I was able to go check out a few machines today.

I looked at 4 bikes today:

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Special Edition
2014 Honda CBR500R
2013 Honda CBR250R
I also checked out the CBR600RR but not too seriously.

Here were my impressions:

The Ninja 300 - Looked awesome The suspension felt stiff. Price tag was over 5k out the door. (List was $5199US for the special edition.) The handle bars were higher than I expected them to be, but I still felt a bit uncomfortable in a normal riding position.

The CBR600RR - handle bars are too low for me, and there is a lot less seat than the others. The bike looked awesome, but I didn't think I would like to ride for long in that position. This one was not for me either.

The CBR250R - Looked really good, The suspension and seat felt better than the Ninja, and the bike felt light. Handle bars may have been a little taller than the Ninja, but not much. It was easy to throw a leg over. It felt like a nice bike to me overall. I liked the feel of it over the ninja.

The CBR500R - Looked very good, The seat was like a lounge chair compared to the others, and the handlebars were more upright and gave a really nice ride position. The weight of the bike felt just right. Not too heavy and not too light.

Well, My son was with me and he saw my face when I threw a leg over the 500. He said "Thats the one".

It only took a second on the 500 to know that was the bike for me. Overall, better riding position is what did it for me, as well as the extra weight. I got a bill of sale from the dealer and hopefully close the deal monday or tuesday, once I run by the bank.

Going with a 2014 Black CBR500R.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Last edited by Chainvet; 02-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.

post #24 of 24 Old 02-01-2014, 05:18 PM

good move. sounds like the right bike for you. I rode the naked version and really liked it. power is pretty solid. and black is the fastest color, anyway...

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" ---George Carlin

'13 CBR500R, ' '02 Beta Rev 3 trials bike,'09 XT250, '12 Buddy 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page