Howdy from West Texas - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
MrH

Howdy from West Texas

Been reading some threads on here lately to gain additional insight about this diminutive Honda, this bike has caught my interest.

I am probably at the far end of this bikes target enthusiast...tall (6' 3") and old (61 and counting), but I have my reasons for interest in this bike. Been riding since I was a teenager on a variety of sporting machines and feel it's time for a lightweight ride that I can enjoy well into my "senior" years.

So a big "How-do" to y'all and I look forward to learning more about this sporting machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Welcome aboard. Try for size and if it fits, you will not regret as it is a great fun bike.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 PM

MrH, welcome, lots of guys your size and age riding these things, keep on reading the posts here and test ride reports on the web and I think you will find your Thing, I'm not your size but almost your age, My son is 6'2" and he enjoyed riding a 2006 Kawasaki 250 and that was lower to the ground than our CBR, Hope to be hearing from you in the forum!

post #4 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 AM
SDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH View Post
Been reading some threads on here lately to gain additional insight about this diminutive Honda, this bike has caught my interest.

I am probably at the far end of this bikes target enthusiast...tall (6' 3") and old (61 and counting), but I have my reasons for interest in this bike. Been riding since I was a teenager on a variety of sporting machines and feel it's time for a lightweight ride that I can enjoy well into my "senior" years.

So a big "How-do" to y'all and I look forward to learning more about this sporting machine.
MrH

Welcome to the forums, ex-West Texan here, relocated to the Philippines. The bike is great even for taller people. 6'2" 230 lbs rider here. Its by far not the fastest bike, but who really buys a 250 for speed. Great gas mileage, will put a smile on your face when you want to be a little aggressive, my biggest complaint was the seat hurt my butt during long rides. bought a new seat with more padding and now the bike feels great.

I ride 90% of the time 2 up, and the bike never complains, the handling does degenerate a little with 2 on board, but still always brings that smile back to my face. The wife and I recently did 250 Km ride with 175 Km of twisties we where both laughing and having a great time. I suggest go by your local dealership test drive one, when you get back haggle the price and bring it home with you. You wont be disappointed with your purchase.

June 2013 BOM winner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Painted
Steel braided brake lines
CORBIN front and pillion seat
HID Projector, W/ orange demon & red, white angel
305cc Big bore kit, PCV + Auto tuner, Ohlins rear shock, Emulators, .95 springs, Sintered HH pads. S.S. header, 2 Bros slip on, integrated brake turn signals, -1/+2, flush mount turn signals, tail tidy, T-Rex sliders, and rear spools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page