Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hello from TX

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  petey 
#1 ·
Hi!

Bought my black 2011 cbr two weeks ago. It's my first bike and my first forum post (ever).

Took the MFS course and have been riding around in parking lots and small neighborhoods trying to work the courage up to get into Dallas / Fort Worth traffic.

A few co-workers have given me a hard time about not riding to work yet. I asked them how they would feel if I took away two of their wheels then forced them to shift gears upside down and steer backwards. They quickly shut the hell up.

I'll be staying clear of the stop and go grid lock for a while but I'm having a blast on the back roads for now.

Lindsay

#2 ·
Greeting Lindsay,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New 2011 black cbr. A+ on the MSF Course. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

#3 ·
Take your time and slowly expand your riding environments. You'll gain confidence as you put on miles. Don't rush it and get it over your head; enjoy the ride. On a bike, even going to work, it's all about the journey, not the destination. Google maps check "avoid highways" so you can map routes that avoid freeways. It takes longer to get around town but is more fun as you learn.

#4 ·
Greetings fellow Texan. Congrats on the bike. Take your time and gain exp along the way. I ride to work 70 mi(roundtrip) every day here. Have had mine for 11 mo with 11k on the meter. Been riding for 25+ yrs. If you're new to bikes you should catch the IMF show this Dec in Dallas. Lots of bikes, products and seminars. TX.

#6 ·
Hey fellow Texan!

I just got a new CBR250R ABS in San Antonio! Traffic here is crazy too but I'm building up slowly.

#7 ·
Hi Lindsay! Where did you get your bike? I bought my black 2012 just over two weeks ago myself. Glad to see another Dallas/Ft Worth Texan on here! I ride my bike to work, but I only have three miles to travel with no highway (Or any traffic jams). The more time you spend on your bike the more comfortable you will get! I have put just about 200 Miles on my bike so far. =D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.