2012 CBR250 for MCRA - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2012 CBR250 for MCRA

Updated:4/18/16

New to the forum, been reading up on quite a few post.
Intro,
My name is Cameron. Had a track day 3/26 at hallett and loved it. Picked up the CBR250R with about 9700 miles on it at the end of February, dirty but good shape. Stripped the body off, added hot bodies fairings. Which should be getting painted within a few weeks. Contacted Jett tuning about a PCV. They only had one left that was used, turned out to be from Ari Henning's old bike, since I had planned on doing the same mods they left the map on there for me. Suspension and other goodies in the near future. Looking into getting as much power as possible out of the motor so it has big plans in the works.

Current Mods
Hot Bodies Fairings Painted Red+Black - Callaway Collision
PCV - Jett Tuning
Woodcraft Clipons - Woodcraft
Woodcraft Lever Guards - Woodcraft
Vortex Rearsets - Jones Honda
Leo Vince Exhaust - Jones Honda
K&N filter with modded airbox - Jones Honda
Evap delete, pirelli tires (sc1+rosso2) - Jones Honda and Good Grip Racing (Jeff)
Preload Adjusters - @green_bread

Ordered/Have but not installed
QuickShifter - Jones Honda
Fork Emulators - Jones Honda
Waiting on connecting rod for Q/S - Dynojet

Need to order
Chain and sprockets (any 420/428's out there?)
Stainless Front Line
Front Brake Pads - need suggestions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5833.JPG (63.2 KB, 11 views)

2012 CBR250R

Last edited by Cameron Jones; 04-18-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2016, 01:41 AM

Garage
Welcome. Look for kfox's posts.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
The Following User Says Thank You to jsonder For This Useful Post:
Cameron Jones (04-01-2016)
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2016, 04:28 PM

Garage
Welcome and glad to hear there is another CBR250R racer on the forum! We are becoming scarce. I have Ari's B motor on my bike, with all the upgrades that Ari could come up with and keep it SuperStock legal for the CMRA. Ari's a wealth of knowledge, and was very helpful when I was building my bike. It sounds like you have all the mods on your list - my only addition is that, if you get more power out of engine, it comes very low in the RPMs. After a lot of testing, I ended up changing my sprockets to 15 front, 34 rear. Peak torque is at 6,500, so this gearing lets you keep the revs down and pull. I still can't keep up to the built EX250s, R3s, EX300 or 390s at the end of a long straight, but I can outcorner most of them and definitely get a better drive out of the corner.

Good luck and let me know if there is any way I can help.

CMRA #914
2014 R6 - Track Bike
2012 CBR250R - Track Bike
2088 VFR800 - Daily Commuter

post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2016, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@kfox just saw your post. Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try and stay a bit more active on here. The bike was awesome to finally set some consistent times and figure everything out. Had a track day at hallett about 3 weeks ago and a race last weekend. The only time I've spent on the bike so far. Definitely has some killer corner speed and like you said can really roll onto the throttle early for a good drive out. Putnam has a LONG front straight and is a bit of a wide open track. The Saturday race was the first time I got to see just how the 300, r3, and 390's compared to the 250. So aside from getting walked on all the straights I still had an awesome time with the bike. Really looking forward to seeing what we can do with it. Quick shifter in the works, along with fork emulators, and a chain and sprocket swap. About a month to the next race so we're going to get a little bit done in the meantime.

Putnam Road course
---Lap times Sat. (Taken a little bit easier with doing the race clinic)
Session 1-3: Consistent 1:35's with a 1:33.499 best
Session 4-6: Consistent 1:34's and 1:33's with a 1:32.76 best
Mock race: 1:38
Ultralight GT race: timing and scoring had technical problems and did not get to view times.
After seeing my best in the first few sessions I had a goal of getting into the 1:29's.
---Sunday
Ultralight GT Race
Lap times:
Session 1-2: Consistent 1:35's and 1:34's with a 1:32.9 best
Missed 3
Session 4: Consistent 1:32's with a 1:32.056 best
Session 5-6: Consistent Mid 1:32's with a few 1:31's and a best of 130.818. I was happy for that one as I was just hoping to break into the 1:31's.
Ultralight GT race: A lot of low 1:32's, low 1:31's and a 1:29.500 towards the end for a new personal best. Need to thank my buddy @green_bread for that one! Got ahead of me and tried a few different lines that helped pick up some time. He also raced this weekend on his 390 and was killing it out there!

2012 CBR250R

Last edited by Cameron Jones; 04-18-2016 at 02:41 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Wow.. I havent been on here in quite a while. :-) Had to come back to congratulate you on a great weekend with some awesome progress made!

Also, @kfox , its good to see you making progress, too! Cam showed me the video of you running with the Ninjas and Ive gotta say, thats pretty impressive on one of these bikes, man! Keep up the good work!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-18-2016, 02:54 PM

Garage
If you are around Hallet, come out and join us for the CMRA race weekends - May 13-15, Sept 16-18. I'll be there racing!

If you still need suggestions on brake pads, I'm running Vesrah pads (check them out here - http://www.bdtrackside.com/all-pads/vd-250-rjl) on stock calipers, rotor and master cylinder. Plenty of stopping power, great feel. Just started using them this season, but they've held up well over two race weekends and three track weekends.

CMRA #914
2014 R6 - Track Bike
2012 CBR250R - Track Bike
2088 VFR800 - Daily Commuter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page