Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

New Atlanta Rider!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fieldassembly 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a new rider in Atlanta, just bought my first bike today: 2012 CBR250R ABS, tri-color. I loooooove the bike so far, even though my whole riding experience has consisted of a couple of miles riding her home, and I've got a lot to learn.

I'd love to meet other CBR250R riders in the Atlanta area! I don't have any friends who ride, so making friends who ride would be awesome. I actually live in Atlanta, not the burbs; right next to Georgia Tech on the Westside if anyone is familiar with that area.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there training available? That is definitely preferable to the school of ouchies that many of us went through.

I rode in Atlanta (riding in from Norcross on I-85 to the state capitol) back in the mid 70's. but I escaped to Montana and never looked back.

Reactions: fieldassembly
#3 ·
Ha jsonder, I also rode in Atlanta but in the 80's. Rode from Buford to Decatur every day on a 1975 Kawasaki kz400. All seasons. It was interesting in the winter and wearing three jackets, and riding up close to the semi's on I-85 for the wind buffer. Hey newbie, welcome to the forum and glad you decided on a CBR250! I've had a lot of bikes, and the cbr is the most versatile, easy to maintain, cheap to own, still has thrills bike ever.

#4 ·
I took the MSF course a month ago, so I've got that. And I've been reading "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough. Awesome book.

If you guys haven't been back to Atlanta in several decades, this place is probably totally unrecognizable. I've lived here since 2003, and it's totally changed in just 14 years or so. It's still a great place to ride, even if no one can drive, and the streets are shitty. It's really nice to be within just an hour or two from some of the best roads in the country.

Hey newbie, welcome to the forum and glad you decided on a CBR250! I've had a lot of bikes, and the cbr is the most versatile, easy to maintain, cheap to own, still has thrills bike ever.
Thanks! I love my CBR250R, when I hopped on it for the first time, I couldn't believe how light she is. I gave her a bath today as she looked like a dirtbike when I got her. With the patriotic color scheme, I'm thinking of naming her (ironically so) Melania...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.