meet black cat, my unlucky number 13th bike - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-03-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

meet black cat, my unlucky number 13th bike

i wanted to get a grom, but the one i wanted was sold before i could get to it. butdget didnt allow for any of the others in my area- or the trashed groms.
i found this cbr250r that a coworker owned. he was the first owner and only put 2000 miles on it before he put it up to sit. it was really bad looking... as bad as a bike can look with everything being pretty much in tact, lol. after a little work, i got it running and looking great. he had filled the engine to the top with oil. i changed the oil and put a fresh battery in and it's doing peachy now.
this is my 13th bike. i have had all kinds of stuff, but i think this is now the weakest bike i have ever owned lol. it's a lot to get used to. fun bike though!

kiwi rider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 AM

Garage
Welcome and all of that. I'm glad that you are finding the bike to be fun.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #3 of 11 Old 06-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
black is beautiful, esp for a motorcycle, just like my 'black beauty' cbr250r [stolen] and her replacement bb II cbr300r.. plenty of experenced motorcyclists here mate, and multi bike owners incl big bikes..

post #4 of 11 Old 06-05-2017, 12:48 PM

I've seen plenty of bikes in worse shape than that, so count those blessings.

If this is the "weakest" bike you've owned, you've been missing out on really fun rides.

"Weak" is subjective and vague. Harleys are "weak" in corners and fun factor. Ducattis are "weak" in price. KTMs are "weak" in build quality.

I think about a lot of things when I think about my baby bike; "weak" isn't one of them.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-10-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

ok, i have put about 250 miles on the bike now, and have really begun to enjoy it. it's still slow overall, but it's a lot of fun in the twisty bits, and there's a lot of fun in being full throttle all of the time, lol
having said that, i miss the wheelies that my sv650 used to give me in abundance.
is there a cheaper alternative than the saddleman, or maybe something from honda that is a good replacement for the hard seat?
i did about 150 miles on thursday, and 50ish miles yesterday, and by the end of the ride, the seat had gone from uncomfortable to very painful.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-10-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisoshin View Post
black is beautiful, esp for a motorcycle, just like my 'black beauty' cbr250r [stolen] and her replacement bb II cbr300r.. plenty of experenced motorcyclists here mate, and multi bike owners incl big bikes..
it sure doesnt look bad, but i wish this was the rwb or the maroon and silver, instead of all black. i think all black actually makes a bike look worse. this is just my opinion though.
if the bike stays with me for a while, i'm going to have to swap out the fairings.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Danger Lynch View Post
i wanted to get a grom, but the one i wanted was sold before i could get to it. butdget didnt allow for any of the others in my area- or the trashed groms.

I ended up getting a Kawasaki Z125 and love it. The CBR 250R is my "big" bike for now lol. IMG_3524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #8 of 11 Old 06-12-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

the z125 is a cool bike. if it had some spoked wheels, i think it would look even cooler.

my girlfriend has a razkull 125, so this is our big bike too, lol.

i have heard the sv650 compared to the miata, as it is a very trackable or race worthy car/bike, but both are underappreciated by people who dont know.
i feel like the cbr250r might be like the ricer's dream, the ae86 lol. keep the throttle pinned in any gear and tear it up... slowly.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-12-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
I've seen plenty of bikes in worse shape than that, so count those blessings.

If this is the "weakest" bike you've owned, you've been missing out on really fun rides.

"Weak" is subjective and vague. Harleys are "weak" in corners and fun factor. Ducattis are "weak" in price. KTMs are "weak" in build quality.

I think about a lot of things when I think about my baby bike; "weak" isn't one of them.
i had a ktm duke 390 and will totally back you up on that... it was a 2016 model, and it only lasted me 4 months before the engine blew and the dealership basically told me to screw off. it should have been covered under warranty, and looking back on this, i really wish i had taken it to a couple of other places to get the work done, but i was pretty mad about the whole thing at the time... ugh...

no, i have had some fast, powerful, bikes... hooligan stuff, cruising things, generally fun things... this bike is really weak, but it's still fun.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Danger Lynch View Post
the z125 is a cool bike. if it had some spoked wheels, i think it would look even cooler.

my girlfriend has a razkull 125, so this is our big bike too, lol.
The Razkull looks fun too. The price is very attractive compared to the Japanese counterparts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page