Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 New Member Introductions (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   This is my CBR250R, There are Many Like It, But This One Is Mine (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-new-member-introductions/68155-my-cbr250r-there-many-like-but-one-mine.html)

bageland2000 07-14-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkv357 (Post 683663)
For that bolt you would want to use a 3/8" ratchet gripped at the end to get it "snug" if you weren't using a torque wrench.

That's what I used. I went a little tighter than you described, but not much. Guess I'll just hope nothing comes up in the future, but it sounds like I tightened it pretty close to where it needed to be.

tegs 07-16-2018 11:12 AM

If it's a 10 mm flange bolt, the service manual says it should be torqued to 39 Nm or 29 ft-lbs.

Don't take that as gospel, though. The torque value the service manual gives for the oil filter casing bolts will snap them like twigs.

bageland2000 07-16-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tegs (Post 683683)
If it's a 10 mm flange bolt, the service manual says it should be torqued to 39 Nm or 29 ft-lbs.

Don't take that as gospel, though. The torque value the service manual gives for the oil filter casing bolts will snap them like twigs.

Well, nothing "happened" when I finished torquing them. I'm assuming that if I did something to them I would have known when I went too far/applied too much torque?

tegs 07-16-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bageland2000 (Post 683687)
Well, nothing "happened" when I finished torquing them. I'm assuming that if I did something to them I would have known when I went too far/applied too much torque?

From my experience with the oil filter casing, the bolts stretch before they break. You might want to take the bolts out and examine them to make sure they aren't deformed or damaged.

If they're standard bolts, they should be fine, but I tend to be paranoid about things breaking and causing a crash at highway speed.

bageland2000 07-16-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tegs (Post 683695)
From my experience with the oil filter casing, the bolts stretch before they break. You might want to take the bolts out and examine them to make sure they aren't deformed or damaged.

If they're standard bolts, they should be fine, but I tend to be paranoid about things breaking and causing a crash at highway speed.

It's so hard to get a concrete answer on torque pressure that I think I'm going to leave them. I used Loctite, so I don't think they're coming out. Maybe I'll take it into Honda at some point down the road and ask them about the pressure.