Picking up a 2011 CBR250R for my wife tomorrow... - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 01:02 AM

Eh whatever its your bike man, do what makes you happy or your wife or both; It is a good idea to ride it for a while just in case anything goes wrong mechanically. No one likes the stock pipe on that cbr250r anyways, I would have done the same thing right away. It would be an eyesore and it sounds pretty gay lol. I'm rockin the Two Bros M-2 Slip on CF exhaust and it sounds awesome. Heres a link to my youtube vid on the exhaust. You may have a similar one, but I have a 2013 cbr250r. It has a nice growly sound and you won't be dissapointed once you install yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McycleRider View Post
As for being defensive, I never posed the question of "should I replace the exhaust on my wife's bike?" Rather, I stated that I purchased an exhaust for my wife's bike. I imagined there would be more positive "atta boy" types of responses, e.g., "looking forward to seeing what she thinks of it," "sounds like a good project," etc. The subsequent posts were definitely unexpected (i.e., they were actually critical) in that I found myself defending my decision to upgrade my wife's bike, including replacing the stock pipe.
If you post about something here, you are going to get opinions. If you find those opinions helpful, use them; if not, ignore them or answer them with your own. There's never any need to get all defensive over your opinions 'cause they're just that: opinions. If all you're looking for is "atta boy" maybe you're not going to be comfortable here . . . .

"What do YOU care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Last edited by pooder7; 11-19-2018 at 09:15 AM. Reason: clarification
post #13 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillentr1m View Post
No one likes the stock pipe on that cbr250r anyways, I would have done the same thing right away. It would be an eyesore and it sounds pretty gay lol.
Heh; at least one of us likes the stock pipe just fine. It was an eyesore until I painted the heat shield flat black, now it's almost invisible. Sure it's kinda heavy, but I recently lost a bunch of weight, so tha's not really an issue anymore. As for "it sounds pretty gay" . . . the quotation that comes to my mind is ". . . not that there's anything wrong with that."

post #14 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 09:38 AM

I will give you an atta-boy for buying the bike and getting your wife into riding. I think that is awesome. I think she will probably enjoy the 250 very much.

Im just an old fart that hates loud exhausts. =)

Sorry things got off on the wrong foot but I think you will find this forum a very valuable source of information that covers just about all aspects of the bike. Welcome and hope you both enjoy the new purchase. Would like to see some pictures.
post #15 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It is a good idea to ride it for a while just in case anything goes wrong mechanically.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJkyAetJcg
That is a good idea. I think I will put a few miles on the bike once I'm done with it to make sure everything is in order. I definitely wouldn't want her to have to worry about any mechanical problems on top of learning to ride.

Quote:
I'm rockin the Two Bros M-2 Slip on CF exhaust and it sounds awesome. Heres a link to my youtube vid on the exhaust. You may have a similar one, but I have a 2013 cbr250r. It has a nice growly sound and you won't be dissapointed once you install yours.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJkyAetJcg
Thanks for sharing the sound clip! I bought the M-2 Full System in stainless; i imagine it will sound about the same as yours.
post #16 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooder7 View Post
If you post about something here, you are going to get opinions. If you find those opinions helpful, use them; if not, ignore them or answer them with your own.
Trust me, I'm a professional at mincing words, i.e., answering someone else's opinions with my own, and may have been too quick to reply.

Quote:
There's never any need to get all defensive over your opinions 'cause they're just that: opinions.
Quote:
WHOSE RIDE IS IT, ANYWAY??
In case you are unaware of forum netiquette, all caps is internet code for yelling. Thus, YOUR response was rude and uninvited.

Quote:
If all you're looking for is "atta boy" maybe you're not going to be comfortable here . . . .
I'm not looking for your approval, or anyone else's for that matter. I posted an intro so I could pm a user about a classified listing. Nevertheless, I imagined seeing responses more like cillentr1m's post, and my wife and I both enjoyed getting to hear what her exhaust will sound like when we get it installed on the bike.
post #17 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the "atta-boy" Radha21, and I am sure I will be in your shoes someday.
I really do hope she likes the bike and takes to riding. I picked the Honda 250 for her because I thought it would be the "perfect" bike, at least once I'm done with my initial modifications.
I'll get some pictures up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radha21 View Post
I will give you an atta-boy for buying the bike and getting your wife into riding. I think that is awesome. I think she will probably enjoy the 250 very much.

Im just an old fart that hates loud exhausts. =)

Sorry things got off on the wrong foot but I think you will find this forum a very valuable source of information that covers just about all aspects of the bike. Welcome and hope you both enjoy the new purchase. Would like to see some pictures.
post #18 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 10:42 AM

What you posted was that you bought a CBR250R for your wife, who just completed a MSF course last weekend, because she is interested in riding her own bike. There was no mention at the time that she desired mods to be done on it, so I simply suggested she ride the bike stock for a while to A) get used to it in stock configuration and B) determine after riding it stock whether she actually wanted changes made to it.
Not sure why you've taken such offense to a common sense suggestion. If she asked you to make all of these changes before even riding the bike then fine, but that was not evident in your original post. Nor was there any indication that she had been riding as a passenger on your bike for any length of time, or had any experience whatsoever. Hence my suggestion that she have more input in any changes to be made on what is to be "her" bike. Your original post seemed to infer that she had little input in determining the mods you were planning. Thank you for clarifying that these were actually her requests.
post #19 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

I apologize for my argumentative tone as it relates to your original post; there was nothing wrong with your post and it was a reasonable observation. With that said, I bristled up when I saw pooder7's follow-up post and lumped them both together.

As a side note, I didn't state that I taught her MSF course and own multiple motorcycles (including a ZX-14R) in my original post as a means of bragging or selling myself, but rather just to throw it out there that I know what I'm doing. Teaching an MSF class implies that I am an experienced rider, have a good idea of how to start a beginning rider, and am sharing my hobby with my wife. That implication was further supported by the rest of the post where I listed a few of my short-term plans for the bike. Personally, I think an intro post with more information would have been over the top, and unnecessary; I could delve further into my riding background, familial status, occupation, education level, etc., and I'm sure you would better understand all of my posts to date. On the other hand, I would rather just be the MSF instructor that taught his wife to ride and is fixing up a bike for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
What you posted was that you bought a CBR250R for your wife, who just completed a MSF course last weekend, because she is interested in riding her own bike. There was no mention at the time that she desired mods to be done on it, so I simply suggested she ride the bike stock for a while to A) get used to it in stock configuration and B) determine after riding it stock whether she actually wanted changes made to it.
Not sure why you've taken such offense to a common sense suggestion. If she asked you to make all of these changes before even riding the bike then fine, but that was not evident in your original post. Nor was there any indication that she had been riding as a passenger on your bike for any length of time, or had any experience whatsoever. Hence my suggestion that she have more input in any changes to be made on what is to be "her" bike. Your original post seemed to infer that she had little input in determining the mods you were planning. Thank you for clarifying that these were actually her requests.
post #20 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
In case you are unaware of forum netiquette, all caps is internet code for yelling.
It WAS intended as yelling . . . so communications was DID!

Quote:
Thus, YOUR response was rude and uninvited.
If you found that to be rude, well, it ain't my problem that you have thin skin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page