Picking up a 2011 CBR250R for my wife tomorrow... - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Again pooder7, rude and uninvited. Please refrain from making any further posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooder7 View Post
It WAS intended as yelling . . . so communications was DID!

If you found that to be rude, well, it ain't my problem that you have thin skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 02:01 PM

You may think I sound like a real asshole and it's true: I'm an Asshole™ and I earned my number back in the early days of rec.motorcycles.harley and I need to keep my reputation intact.

-pooder th' clarifyin' bastard

"What do YOU care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Last edited by pooder7; 11-19-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: clarification
post #23 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McycleRider View Post
Again pooder7, rude and uninvited. Please refrain from making any further posts in this thread.
REALLY?!
You're going to suggest where I CAN and can NOT post??
You must KNOW that this sounds like a CHALLENGE!!!

Ah well, you did say "please" . . .

. . . but if there's anything else here I feel that I should comment on, well . . . .

Seeya 'round.

-pooder th' invitin' bastard

Last edited by pooder7; 11-19-2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: clarification

post #24 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 04:18 PM

This thread is "off the rails".

Thanks guys for the entertainment. But now I hope everyone can "hug it out" and make up. Remember gang, we are all Honda CBR 250 or 300 riders here after all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radha21 For This Useful Post:
pooder7 (11-19-2018)
post #25 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radha21 View Post
This thread is "off the rails".

Thanks guys for the entertainment. But now I hope everyone can "hug it out" and make up. Remember gang, we are all Honda CBR 250 or 300 riders here after all.
Aw gosh; now I feel a song coming on . . . EVERYBODY JOIN IN!

-pooder
Radha21 likes this.

post #26 of 35 Old 11-19-2018, 11:03 PM

Garage
I suppose that suggesting that we throw oil on troubled waters would be viewed as starting a new oil thread. I don't want to risk that, so let me just say welcome to McycleRider.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsonder For This Useful Post:
pooder7 (11-20-2018)
post #27 of 35 Old 11-20-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Pooder7 can have this thread

I think I'm going to take leave on my own introduction thread, probably search for technical information on occasion, and will help out at some later point if I happen to figure something new out as I work through setting this bike up for my wife.

I felt like I painted a decent picture of what I was doing in my original post. The second response from TrueFaith wasn't wrong, but was borderline contentious; I think they knew that because it ended with "Just sayin'" and they later skipped significant details from my original post in their attempt to justify the comment. I should have responded to TrueFaith by stating that my modifications were either cosmetic or necessary. Pooder7 comes off as a cyber-bully, and fully justified me taking offense from their post by stating they meant everything that came with an all caps post. As far as I can tell, both of them are perfectly happy with their respective "welcomes," even though they both missed all of the details in my original post that would have clued them in that (1) I am sharing my long-term hobby with my wife, (2) she didn't buy herself the bike, and (3) I had no intention of having her ride the bike in its stock configuration.

As a matter of first impression, and given that Pooder7 continues to be an "asshole" to a new member, it appears that the weight of the forum leans towards anti-modding and aggressive assertion of critical "opinions." Exchanging technical information about modifications is the primary reason I participate in motorcycle forums. Fortunately I got to hear a sound clip of the Two Bros exhaust and, if needed, will take any further discussion of that modification to the technical forums.

All in all, I'm surprised this forum tolerates such confident ignorance, especially in a New Member Introductions category. To the moderators, I recommend lifting the requirement that new users post an introduction in order to send pms. I would have happily inquired about a classified listing and participated in technical discussions without being subjected to critical responses by the forum at large.

Also, I apologize to any other users on this forum that might see this and had nothing to do with Pooder7's offending posts.
post #28 of 35 Old 11-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
... All in all, I'm surprised this forum tolerates such confident ignorance, especially in a New Member Introductions category. To the moderators, I recommend lifting the requirement that new users post an introduction in order to send pms. I would have happily inquired about a classified listing and participated in technical discussions without being subjected to critical responses by the forum at large...
Actually, new members who have completed the site registration process are able to send PM's without having made their first post in the NMI forum. The first post "requirement" in the NMI forum is only necessary in order to be able to post in the regular open forums. In fact many people register simply to be able to access all the content (images uploaded by members, for example) that Guests to the site don't otherwise see or have access to.

As an FYI, the reason for the first post requirement in the NMI forum is to keep would-be spammers from being able to post their garbage on the regular open forums. This allows John (jsonder) and myself to delete any spam before it can make it onto the open forums.

Have to say, I haven't seen a "dust up" between members on this site in quite awhile, let alone in the NMI forum. One thing I have noticed over the years I've been a Moderator on this site and the CBR300Forum.com, is that occasionally new members tend to go beyond the basics in terms of the content/details in their introduction post, which then in turn tends to shift the thread away from being a simple "meet & greet" and into a discussion thread, which invariably invites the inherent opinions that go along with a discussion thread.

I also believe that there is perhaps a tendency by some veteran members to assume that new members are clueless/green where motorcycles are concerned, which IMO is an unfair assumption to make about someone who is new to the site. And that's not just speculation on my part, as I experienced the same when I first joined this site back in 2012.

At the end of the day, I think that these sorts of conflicts could be avoided (particularly in the NMI forum), if new members would limit the content/information in their first post to the basics... things like where they are from, how long they've been riding motor bikes, etc. In other words, save all the questions about "mods", specific topics, and everything else they want to do to their CBR250R for the regular discussion forums.

And to the regular members on the site, let's try cutting our new members joining the site a little slack in their NMI posts, and save our opinions and civil discourse for the regular forums.

Thanks in advance for everyone's consideration regarding these matters.

Regards,

Mike
McycleRider likes this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

Last edited by MotoMike; 11-20-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo
post #29 of 35 Old 11-20-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Fair enough, Mike. Thank you for your judicious response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Actually, new members who have completed the site registration process are able to send PM's without having made their first post in the NMI forum. The first post "requirement" in the NMI forum is only necessary in order to be able to post in the regular open forums. In fact many people register simply to be able to access all the content (images uploaded by members, for example) that Guests to the site don't otherwise see or have access to.

As an FYI, the reason for the first post requirement in the NMI forum is to keep would-be spammers from being able to post their garbage on the regular open forums. This allows John (jsonder) and myself to delete any spam before it can make it onto the open forums.

Have to say, I haven't seen a "dust up" between members on this site in quite awhile, let alone in the NMI forum. One thing I have noticed over the years I've been a Moderator on this site and the CBR300Forum.com, is that occasionally new members tend to go beyond the basics in terms of the content/details in their introduction post, which then in turn tends to shift the thread away from being a simple "meet & greet" and into a discussion thread, which invariably invites the inherent opinions that go along with a discussion thread.

I also believe that there is perhaps a tendency by some veteran members to assume that new members are clueless/green where motorcycles are concerned, which IMO is an unfair assumption to make about someone who is new to the site. And that's not just speculation on my part, as I experienced the same when I first joined this site back in 2012.

At the end of the day, I think that these sorts of conflicts could be avoided (particularly in the NMI forum), if new members would limit the content/information in their first post to the basics... things like where they are from, how long they've been riding motor bikes, etc. In other words, save all the questions about "mods", specific topics, and everything else they want to do to their CBR250R for the regular discussion forums.

And to the regular members on the site, let's try cutting our new members joining the site a little slack in their NMI posts, and save our opinions and civil discourse for the regular forums.

Thanks in advance for your consideration on these matters.

Regards,

Mike
MotoMike likes this.
post #30 of 35 Old 11-20-2018, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Fair enough, Mike. Thank you for your judicious response.
You're welcome.

And a belated welcome to the site... I do hope that you will stick around.
McycleRider likes this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page