Hello ! (Lowering Link question) - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MotoMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-22-2019, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Kat

Hello ! (Lowering Link question)

Hello everyone ! I have had my bike for almost 6 months. I am 26 years old and pursuing computer science and on my free time, I love to work on my bike. I have replaced so much of the bike. I have really increased my mechanical skills ! It is super fun and I have never worked on anything mechanical before until I got my bike. I also enjoy riding on the canyons and highways like Ortega. I recently started learning about Moto Khana, a japanese moto sport and really want to practice my low speed technical skills so I can have fun with the sport as well. I am really looking forward to learning more about motorcycling from the veterans of this forum. Thank you !

My question about the lowering link. I recently got a Vortex lowering link for my CBR250R. I am wondering if I will need to buy a new shorter kickstand if I am only lowering it by an inch. If I do, it would be great if I could get recommendations for which kickstand is good to purchase. Thanks.

https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Honda Repsol CBR250R newbie rides recorded with GoPro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
Welcome!

Being one of those "tall riders", I don't have any first hand info on adjustable side stands, other than I do know they are available. I'm sure another member here can advise you as to where to get one.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #3 of 6 Old 01-22-2019, 03:36 PM

Adjustable Kickstand Side Stand Black Fit 2014-2017 HONDA CB300F CBR300R NC51

eBay item number:

This might help.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Kat

Thanks. I am probably going to hold off on the lowering link mod since I recently found out it affects handling.

Another question... I can't figure out where these screws came from on my CBR250R and I feel worried because they may be holding together something really important on my bike.

Anyone have any ideas? Here is a photo. Thanks !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6734.jpg (131.4 KB, 20 views)

https://
My Honda Repsol CBR250R newbie rides recorded with GoPro
post #5 of 6 Old 01-27-2019, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Thanks. I am probably going to hold off on the lowering link mod since I recently found out it affects handling.

Another question... I can't figure out where these screws came from on my CBR250R and I feel worried because they may be holding together something really important on my bike.

Anyone have any ideas? Here is a photo. Thanks !
Those screws definitely look to be battery terminal screws. There are no other fasteners on these bikes that look like those screws.
jkv357 likes this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #6 of 6 Old 02-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Those screws definitely look to be battery terminal screws. There are no other fasteners on these bikes that look like those screws.
Yes, the shape looks right for battery terminal screws . . .
. . . but . . .
. . . they look smaller than btscrews, compared to the thumb in the picture. I believe that btscrews have a 10mm head and these appear smaller than that to me . . . .

Not only that, but wouldn't it be pretty obvious that btscrews are missing, as in, "Why won't my motorcycle even turn over, let alone start?"

That said, I have nothing else to offer about what the screws could be, except maybe the hold-down screws that went flying from my snow blower direction-control cover that went flying while I was getting ready for the next snowstorm that's on the way . . . I mean, they really FLEW when I took the pressure off the wrongly-connected control rod!

"What do YOU care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page