Fuel pump sending unit nipple - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-20-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Fuel pump sending unit nipple

Hello everyone,

Fist time proud bike owner of a 2012 cbr250r, so the bike I bought came with led turn signals, delcevic exhaust and a few other mods. Me with my stubborn attitude, i like to go over things that were modded by others to make sure they are done to my standards. Long story short they were not, which led to me stripping my bike down. In the process the gas tank fell and boom snapped the little plastic nipple on the fuel pump. Just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper fix than 400 bucks to replace a perfectly fine fuel pump assembly. I have already looked through Ebay Amazon and numerous other part sites. Most list the whole assembly. Wondering if there is a part number for just the bottom half of the assembly. Just need the part that the hoses connect to the tank. Sorry for the long post. Glad to be a part of the community, and look forward to chatting with everyone about their bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-20-2019, 03:36 PM

Hi Canpecs and welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid I can't help you much but I hope one of our members with more technical knowledge can share some insight.

If you shouldn't get any replies here you should ask the same question again in the sub forums which you should now be able to access.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Welcome!

No part number for just the bottom of the pump. However you can get a new OEM Honda pump for less than $300 .... https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...250r/fuel-tank

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

post #4 of 5 Old 07-21-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I was able to talk a scrapper on Ebay into parting with his, a cbr300r fuel pump which is the same part number for a substantially lower amount than a new one. Fingers crossed it fits. At least I'll have a spare pump in the event I need one. Was able to install a tst relay for the led's on the bike while I wait on the pumps arrival. Plan on swapping out the levers and grips in the next few days as well.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-26-2019, 10:32 AM

You can indeed swap the lower half and pull the upper half of the pump. So if you were to score one that was bummed, as long as the housing is ok, you can swap them if you're careful. But the 300r pump will indeed drop right in, so if you got a good deal on that, just make sure to not bust the housing nipple next time you need to take it out and you have a spare pump.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page