New Here - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By jkv357

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-12-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

New Here

Just bought a 2012 CBR 250. Would love to learn more about the bike itself and some tricks on riding. I just got my motorcycle license so it would be dope if I can improve my riding skills. Anyway, glad to be part of this community and ride safely people!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Garage
Welcome

Welcome.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #3 of 8 Old 09-13-2019, 08:38 AM

Best thing you can do is to get some quality training if you haven't already.

The MSF Basic Rider course will get you started on the right track. There's no time to learn the basics on the street, and every day is a new challenge.

Make sure you have all the gear, and wear it all the time. I don't leave the house without all of it, including armored pants and armored sport boots.

Biggest rookie mistake I see on the street is no gloves, but the lack of proper boots is a close second. You want both - and all the rest of it.

One other thing to look at is the age of your tires. At this point the tires on your 2012 are done - no matter how much tread or miles they have on them. You need a good set of tires at all times, and need to be able to manipulate the front brake with authority in the event that you need to stop quickly. The rear brake isn't going to do squat to slow you when you really need to stop quickly.
Schroeder and RMarcil34 like this.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-15-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
Best thing you can do is to get some quality training if you haven't already.

The MSF Basic Rider course will get you started on the right track. There's no time to learn the basics on the street, and every day is a new challenge.

Make sure you have all the gear, and wear it all the time. I don't leave the house without all of it, including armored pants and armored sport boots.

Biggest rookie mistake I see on the street is no gloves, but the lack of proper boots is a close second. You want both - and all the rest of it.

One other thing to look at is the age of your tires. At this point the tires on your 2012 are done - no matter how much tread or miles they have on them. You need a good set of tires at all times, and need to be able to manipulate the front brake with authority in the event that you need to stop quickly. The rear brake isn't going to do squat to slow you when you really need to stop quickly.
I already had my MSF training but of course I want to improve more. Yeah, it's better to wear all the safety gears just to make sure. Thanks for mentioning the boots because I still need to buy riding boots. Thanks for all the help jvk357!

Life is short...so make it worth your while.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-15-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
Welcome

Welcome.
Thanks!

Life is short...so make it worth your while.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-16-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarcil34 View Post
I already had my MSF training but of course I want to improve more. Yeah, it's better to wear all the safety gears just to make sure. Thanks for mentioning the boots because I still need to buy riding boots. Thanks for all the help jvk357!
You bet.

I have A* and Sidi sport/race boots, and prefer Sidi. You want a rigid armored boot, not soft leather or any type of riding shoe.

I've found good used boots on CL, or check with Ridersdiscount here by PM for some great deals.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 AM

I recently replaced the engine head of my CBR 250r 2012 model as suggested by service centre due to rattling noise and performance drop but ended up increasing vibrations in my bike after head replacement but gained the performance back. full of vibrations on handle bar any solution please suggest
post #8 of 8 Old 10-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I recently replaced the engine head of my CBR 250r 2012 model as suggested by service centre due to rattling noise and performance drop but ended up increasing vibrations in my bike after head replacement but gained the performance back. full of vibrations on handle bar any solution please suggest
You should post this in the maintenance section of the site. This was a new member's post that you highjacked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page