Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

New Here

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  artstenn 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2012 CBR 250. Would love to learn more about the bike itself and some tricks on riding. I just got my motorcycle license so it would be dope if I can improve my riding skills. Anyway, glad to be part of this community and ride safely people!

#3 ·
Best thing you can do is to get some quality training if you haven't already.

The MSF Basic Rider course will get you started on the right track. There's no time to learn the basics on the street, and every day is a new challenge.

Make sure you have all the gear, and wear it all the time. I don't leave the house without all of it, including armored pants and armored sport boots.

Biggest rookie mistake I see on the street is no gloves, but the lack of proper boots is a close second. You want both - and all the rest of it.

One other thing to look at is the age of your tires. At this point the tires on your 2012 are done - no matter how much tread or miles they have on them. You need a good set of tires at all times, and need to be able to manipulate the front brake with authority in the event that you need to stop quickly. The rear brake isn't going to do squat to slow you when you really need to stop quickly.

#4 ·
I already had my MSF training but of course I want to improve more. Yeah, it's better to wear all the safety gears just to make sure. Thanks for mentioning the boots because I still need to buy riding boots. Thanks for all the help jvk357!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.