Newbie! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-07-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Newbie!

Hi everyone. Just picked up a 2012 CBR250R a few days ago. I have kind of a weird bike owning progression. Started on a 80's Yamaha 250 Cruiser, to a 03' Ninja 250, to an R6, then to a supermoto for a number of years. Now back to the sportbike scene as I plan on going on longer rides with my father who recently got back on a bike. Obviously have a lot of years on bikes and have owned more powerful models, but it's been awhile since the R6 so thought it would be smart to get comfortable on a sportbike again on a 250, and nonetheless I think they're a blast no matter their power output.

Bike is like new. Only 6900 miles on it. Got a steal buying at this time of year, only paid $1700. I do have a few questions for you guys that are much more familiar with these bikes...(I tried researching on my own but haven't found any spot on info)

-My bike has black wheels (it is the standard red/silver color scheme, non-ABS). From what I could find, this year/model/color did not come with factory black wheels. Is this correct? If so, mine must have been professionally powder-coated because they look/feel darn good

-In the lower RPM's, this seems to have a decent amount of vibration. I've been on a lot of bikes, this isn't a "something's loose" thing, just in general seems to be like this at lower revs. Is this normal for these? From my research and knowing 250's I have a hunch it is

-Again at lower RPM's, 1st-2nd has a bit of a clunk to it. Again, from research this sounds normal on these at lower RPM's, but I like to clarify with the experts (:

Excited about the new toy!

2012 CBR250R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Welcome to the forum.

The CBR 250 is a thumper so a bit of vibration is normal at lower revs.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page