Hello everyone from Mumbai, India. - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Schroeder

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Hello everyone from Mumbai, India.

Hello all, Nilesh from India. Own a cbr 250r over here, done around 17.5k kms and very happy with it. Recently i ran into an issue with regards the chain slider. My first chain slider broke around 7k kms, post that i fixed it using some zip ties. Frankly, those did not last more than a few hundred kilometres, then again i put on another set of zip ties. Repeated it multiple times, untill yesterday when u finally got the chain slider replaced. And it broke again today. It breaks right at the same point near the smaller sprocket, the place where it's supposed to fit in. I don't again want to go thru all the zip tie process again. What can be a long lasting solution to this repeating issue. Is this a design flaw or is there something wrong with my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2019, 04:13 PM

Hi Nilesh and welcome to the forum.

This seems to be a specific problem with your bike as I'm still on my original slider at 38.000km.
MotoMike likes this.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 10:40 AM

The chain slider issue does plague some of the CBRs. The chain slider has a bob on it which affixes itself firmly on a small hole provided on the swingarm. Sometimes, unfortunately, some bikes keep ripping them. Instead of using zipties, try using small metal wires and make sure they are clamped down well, by slightly sawing the holding area so that they dig inside the slider and provide a firm fix.

Cheers!
VJ

Fool me once - Shame on you!
Fool me twice - I'll kick your a**e

KTM DUKE 390| CBR250R ABS| Suzuki Shogun 2 Stroke|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page