Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Hello everyone from Mumbai, India.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  B7ACKTHORN 
#1 ·
Hello all, Nilesh from India. Own a cbr 250r over here, done around 17.5k kms and very happy with it. Recently i ran into an issue with regards the chain slider. My first chain slider broke around 7k kms, post that i fixed it using some zip ties. Frankly, those did not last more than a few hundred kilometres, then again i put on another set of zip ties. Repeated it multiple times, untill yesterday when u finally got the chain slider replaced. And it broke again today. It breaks right at the same point near the smaller sprocket, the place where it's supposed to fit in. I don't again want to go thru all the zip tie process again. What can be a long lasting solution to this repeating issue. Is this a design flaw or is there something wrong with my bike.

#3 ·
The chain slider issue does plague some of the CBRs. The chain slider has a bob on it which affixes itself firmly on a small hole provided on the swingarm. Sometimes, unfortunately, some bikes keep ripping them. Instead of using zipties, try using small metal wires and make sure they are clamped down well, by slightly sawing the holding area so that they dig inside the slider and provide a firm fix.

Cheers!
VJ :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.