after market windscreen? - Page 16 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 158 Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
+I've got the Honda OEM KPPP touring screen from Tyga shown in your last link, and it was delivered so quickly from Thailand, after I ordered it mid-November last year, that I was amazed, expecting it to drown in the upcoming seasonal crush of universal shipments.

It's the perfect height for a comfortable tuck for my 5'9+" frame (33" inseam) in inclement weather or for hyper-miling (76.2 mpg last week, with saddlebags and tailbag), and adequately redirects the wind when I'm upright, without buffeting.

The shipped total of $122 was well worth the wallet cost for my needs.

Ride on.
Roadkill

Thanks Roadkill and all else who've provided some feedback. Yep, couldn't hold out any longer and placed my order for the OEM touring screen thru Tyga. I was going to order through faddybike because I also wanted some gearing but for some reason could not get paypal to go through. So, the gearing change will wait for awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 158 Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 AM

I've been happy with my stock windscreen. I wear earplugs, so wind noise is a non-issue. But last week I purchased a new helmet, and the ergonomic relation between the stock windscreen, the new helmet, and my height, sends every bit of dust and grit right up into my eyes, even with the visor completely closed. Can't return helmet. The new helmet does not have this issue with my other motorcycles because of differences in the windscreens/fairings, and my other two older helmets did not send grit up into my eyes on the CBR250. I want to get the air flow up and over the level of my chin, where I believe the wind blast is entering my new helmet. So, all of you who have tried aftermarket windscreens, I have a question. I've seen various screens which extend further, but 2" of increased length does not correspond to 2" in incresed height, due to the steep angle of the screen. I am 5" 10" tall. So I think I am not as interested in increased length, per se, but more a wind screen that has a slightly more vertical angle. Is there a screen out there which increses the height a bit and also directs the air blast more upward, without introducing increased buffeting? Thanks.
post #153 of 158 Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM

Almost every aftermarket windscreen is going to have a more vertical angle to it except the stock replacement ones obviously. Sport touring are going to send the wind the highest, next would probably be a double bubble.

I have some comparison shots of the differences between the stock and Zero Gravity double bubble screens that I can upload when I get home from work. There's a large difference between the stock and a double bubble. I'd imagine there being an even larger one with a sport touring screen.

post #154 of 158 Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM

There is also a lip type piece that you can install called Laminar.

Laminar Products for HONDA CBR250R
post #155 of 158 Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 PM

Turbo, if you go back to the previous page there is a short summary of SOME of the aftermarket screens available. It's somewhat outdated as Zero Gravities are now available for instance. Personally, I got the easy to bolt on OEM touring screen. I like how easy it is to install or remove and has a sort of vertical lip to it which deflects the wind pretty darned well in my opinion. Check out page 7 for some pics, (as it installs directly over the existing screen you can see a good comparison of what is added).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo DV8 View Post
I've been happy with my stock windscreen. I wear earplugs, so wind noise is a non-issue. But last week I purchased a new helmet, and the ergonomic relation between the stock windscreen, the new helmet, and my height, sends every bit of dust and grit right up into my eyes, even with the visor completely closed. Can't return helmet. The new helmet does not have this issue with my other motorcycles because of differences in the windscreens/fairings, and my other two older helmets did not send grit up into my eyes on the CBR250. I want to get the air flow up and over the level of my chin, where I believe the wind blast is entering my new helmet. So, all of you who have tried aftermarket windscreens, I have a question. I've seen various screens which extend further, but 2" of increased length does not correspond to 2" in incresed height, due to the steep angle of the screen. I am 5" 10" tall. So I think I am not as interested in increased length, per se, but more a wind screen that has a slightly more vertical angle. Is there a screen out there which increses the height a bit and also directs the air blast more upward, without introducing increased buffeting? Thanks.
post #156 of 158 Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a close look. At first I liked the shape of the OEM sport fairing, until I saw that it is intended to be installed over the stock screen, which to my eye looks simply abominable. I would like to stick with clear, and I read a post by someone who owned a Zero Gravity double bubble in clear who said the sun shining through it one time burned a hole clean through his instrument cluster. Between that and the recent report of a Zero Gravity screen snapping clean in two with just mild cleaning pressure, now I'm shying away from ZG. Guess this isn't going to be easy!
post #157 of 158 Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo DV8 View Post
I would like to stick with clear, and I read a post by someone who owned a Zero Gravity double bubble in clear who said the sun shining through it one time burned a hole clean through his instrument cluster. Between that and the recent report of a Zero Gravity screen snapping clean in two with just mild cleaning pressure, now I'm shying away from ZG. Guess this isn't going to be easy!
I don't think you can really blame the ZG screen for the burning issue. Every windscreen has that warning in the disclaimer. It's all about the angle and how sunny it is. For what it's worth, I've left my bike out in the sun for 2 weeks+ (it's extremely sunny in the summer here in Texas) and there's not a single blemish on the dash. If you were really that worried about burning a hole in the cluster, buy a 2$ towel at any flavor of store and just throw that on top of the screen when you're done riding.

I'm extremely happy with my ZG DB, 85$ well spent and well worth the wait. I'd consider that one snapped screen as a fluke in the mold. Everything has a lemon somewhere in the batch. Now if it were a much more common thing, I'd understand the caution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooplah For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (11-01-2012)
post #158 of 158 Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post
I don't think you can really blame the ZG screen for the burning issue. I'm extremely happy with my ZG DB, 85$ well spent and well worth the wait.
Is your DB in clear, or dark tint, or what? The guy who had that happen said it would "likely" only be a possible issue with the clear, not smoke. But yeah, it would have to be a total fluke alignment of all the planets sort of thing to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page