Mirror extenders - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Nevermind. I didn't realize that the mount had an orientation.
once I turned the mount around everything made sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Wow1 #2 goes so much faster than #1!

They are on, but I am too tired to try them out. It is 2:30 in the afternoon as I type this and I have been up since 5PM yesterday...
But it's my weekend!
So they will get tested tomorrow for sure. It's supposed to be warm (80s/30s) and sunny!

(no affilliation)
post #23 of 37 Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

the (well/recessed hole part) goes on the bottom, with the (well-recessed hole) part facing up..this just like your oem mirror stem base..it hides the bolt head flush or slightly recessed...It was more trouble than it was worth to me to try to save the bolts...easier to snap the fragile head off and just buy 2 new ones..Ace Hardware..97cents apiece
......glad to hear you had better luck than me getting them free...like the bar end screws..I have heard different people say it was easy to break loose and some say near impossible..may depend on the dose of loctite the worker on the production line decided to give your bolt or screw at that particular time.

My only complaint so far is vibration revving up thru gears and at interstate speeds..but not enough that you still cant see whats coming up behind you...I will take that bit of vibration for the awesome line of sight I have behind me now anyday

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

The Following User Says Thank You to spdklls For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (06-25-2013)

post #24 of 37 Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 AM

I could not have gotten those screws loose without your prior warning.
Heat, patience and grit-tipped tool in a 1/2" breaker bar made it possible.

Thanks again!

(no affilliation)
post #25 of 37 Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
Nevermind. I didn't realize that the mount had an orientation.
once I turned the mount around everything made sense.
I was speaking of the OEM mount that goes against the fairing.
I thought it did not matter which way it went, but it is definitely made to only go one way (if you want your mirrors positioned properly, anyway!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT4274.jpg (146.1 KB, 59 views)

(no affilliation)
post #26 of 37 Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

ahhhh..yes...that would throw the mirror way off kilter by turning THAT mount the wrong way...I only took one mirror off at a time so I was able to glance over at the other one to be sure of the mount orientation just prior to bolting everything back on

post #27 of 37 Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM

So I had my first test ride with them yesterday. They are GREAT! Definitely a keeper.

Yes, the mirrors vibrate more, but it is mostly at slower speeds. On my way out of my neighborhood I was wondering if I would keep them, but on the interstate they are wonderful! NO blind spot behind me!

(no affilliation)
post #28 of 37 Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdklls View Post
...if they do work I will post the link to the exact seller I bought them from.
I must be blind. I've looked everywhere, and I can't see a link to the exact seller posted anywhere. Can you help a blind man see?
post #29 of 37 Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo DV8 View Post
I must be blind. I've looked everywhere, and I can't see a link to the exact seller posted anywhere. Can you help a blind man see?
Black Set of 8mm Motorcycle Mirror Riser Extender Adapters CBR GSXR YZF ZX | eBay

(no affilliation)
post #30 of 37 Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Turtlebone pre-empted me and posted the link on page 2
so I didn't bother to post the link again

The Following User Says Thank You to spdklls For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (06-27-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page