Mirror extenders - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM

Thanks. For some reason yesterday, that was not indicating it was a link when I hovered over it with the cursor.

For all the methods I've heard so far to remove the stubborn bolts, I haven't heard mention the use of an impact driver. Is that because nobody had one, or because using one on an allen head bolt is too risky, and might bugger it up? I have a Ryobi 3/8" cordless impact driver and allen socket. Should I use it, or approach it with more finesse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 06-28-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo DV8 View Post
Thanks. For some reason yesterday, that was not indicating it was a link when I hovered over it with the cursor.

For all the methods I've heard so far to remove the stubborn bolts, I haven't heard mention the use of an impact driver. Is that because nobody had one, or because using one on an allen head bolt is too risky, and might bugger it up? I have a Ryobi 3/8" cordless impact driver and allen socket. Should I use it, or approach it with more finesse?
You can use it if you want to, but I would have new screws ready to replace them when you twist the heads off.

Heat on both ends of the screw (I bought one of those neat pencil torches at Harbor Freight the other day!), valve grinding compound on the tip of the tool and some slow, heavy human torque with a long (for leverage) breaker bar is my recommendation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
The Following User Says Thank You to don'tpanic For This Useful Post:
Turtlebone (07-03-2013)
post #33 of 37 Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM

Mirror extenders are great! I'm a slightly bigger guy so in the stock mirrors, half the view are my own shoulders!

post #34 of 37 Old 08-27-2013, 04:51 PM

I just ordered these up as well!! Hoping now i can stop looking at my shoulders, or having to lean slightly to see behind me..lol
post #35 of 37 Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 PM

For those of you who might be new to riding [and if your on a CBR250R you might be ] here is a quick explanation of what mirror extenders do:
Motorcycle Mirror Extenders - Overview
Even down the line if you upgrade to a bigger bike (I got my self a cruiser) this "blocked view" problem happens on all sort of bikes so don't feel like it is specific to CBR 250 only.

post #36 of 37 Old 05-31-2015, 08:12 PM

I ordered these from Amazon:
8mm 8 mm CNC Mirror Riser Extender Adapter Motorcycle

They are a bit shinier than the stock mirror stalks.
The included hardware is silver.

I bought 4 black cap screws from Home Depot, size M8-1.25x25mm.
Two screws were to replace the stock CBR screws which are easy to mangle when removing them.
I used the original washers in the stalk to extension connection.
I couldn't get black washers for the extension to mirror mount connection, used silver ones painted black with a marker.
Also used Permatex blue to keep the screws from loosening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1916[1].jpg (204.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1917[1].jpg (182.2 KB, 31 views)
post #37 of 37 Old 08-16-2016, 01:05 AM

The original ebay links were broken for me, here are some more current ones. I am going to try this mod as well.

Banggood has them for $10
M8 8mm CNC Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Mirror Riser Extender Adaptor Adapter Sale - Banggood.com

Ebay has them for $8 or $18.
Pair CNC 8mm Motorcycle motorbike Mirror Riser Extender Adaptor Adapter Mounts | eBay
M8 8mm CNC Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Mirror Riser Extender Adaptor Adapter | eBay

Ebay US seller has them for $24
8mm 8 mm CNC Mirror Riser Extender Adapter Motorcycle | eBay

I ordered the ones from banggood because they were the first ones I found and have always had good experience with them. Will let you know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page