Mirror extenders - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Question Mirror extenders

On Ebay there are mirror extenders for just about every type motorcycle out there..MOST are $14 TO $20 A PAIR..they extend up to 2" and give a greater range of motion for more mirror position options..

except thay all say "not compatible" for our bikes..but why are none compatible?..
I found one...and they shipped from canada..was a 1" base block type and cost a bullshit almost $50 FOR ONE ..I would rather not have the block type extender anyway even if it was cheaper to buy.

So why wouldnt one of the GENERIC 8mm or 10mm extenders work...parts fiche doesnt even describe what the big single bolt on the base of the mirror stem is...
anone know? anyone tried or have an extender on that works with our bikes?

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spdklls; 06-13-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 AM

Location: Un(a)ffordable river town,Great Land of the Tattooed.(London,UK)
I bought a pair of these

Mirror Extenders Spacers - Honda 2011 2013 CBR125R CBR250R CBR 125R 250R 125 250 | eBay

They do give me a better rear view despite my original scepticism.

Delivery is fast if your in Europe.

David.

Black CBR250RAB ABS Bought Jan 2013
Life long Cyclist.
University Electronics Tech.
Motorcycle tinkerer.
Trekkie
post #3 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Those are the Block type extenders I mentioned above...tho these are a little bit cheaper..they are still almost $70 USD for a pair...and only raise the mirror 1".....note quite as great as the extra added mobility and 2" extension as the $14 generic extenders will do as this example below...if they can be made to work somehow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spdklls; 06-13-2013 at 08:32 PM.

post #4 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdklls View Post
Those are the Block type extenders I mentioned above...tho these are a little bit cheaper..they are still almost $70 USD for a pair...and only raise the mirror 1".....note quite as great as the extra added mobility and 2" extension as the $14 generic extenders will do as this example below...if they can be made to work somehow

The website doesn't say ANYTHING about what these fit!
I would "Ask Arnie".

10mm Std Mirror Extender Black

(no affilliation)
post #5 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
The website doesn't say ANYTHING about what these fit!
I would "Ask Arnie".

10mm Std Mirror Extender Black
I have only seen 8mm and 10mm types of this kind...look long enough on Ebay and you will find a page with compatibility options on it for these types...so far they have all said "this is not compatible with the 2011 CBR250R"

so my original question was and still is..is the big main bolt on the bottom of the mirror stem an 8 or 10mm..and if so? then why wouldnt these work?

Last edited by spdklls; 06-13-2013 at 10:12 PM.
post #6 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 PM

The microfiche does not show that screw alone, just part of the mirror assembly.
You will have to take one out and measure it.

(no affilliation)
post #7 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdklls View Post
look long enough on Ebay and you will find a page with compatibility options on it for these types
You've been there - why not provide a link?

(no affilliation)
post #8 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

[/URL]
Quote:
The microfiche does not show that screw alone, just part of the mirror assembly.
You will have to take one out and measure it.
once again..I defer you to the original post where I already stated this about the parts fiche and asked and hoped someone already had done this and has this information so I wouldnt have to do this

Quote:
You've been there - why not provide a link?

Why does it matter? Do you think I am lying about it? LMAO
ok..here ya go..here is one of many examples..and they all say the same thing about our bikes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Mirror...450bf5&vxp=mtr

Last edited by spdklls; 06-14-2013 at 01:29 AM.
post #9 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 AM

$15 & free shipping - it sounds like a cheap experiment.

(no affilliation)
post #10 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
$15 & free shipping - it sounds like a cheap experiment.
very true...I agree with that statement wholeheartedly....the mirror bolt is 8mm....I have ordered a set from a seller after a bit more detective work and lots more searching and will be the guinea pig and try a set out..about $18 total
...they extend the mirror out 2 1/4" longer than stock and 1 1/2" higher than stock..so hope they work..the short mirror stalks have been one of the more aggravating things about the cbr to me since the day I bought it

if they do work I will post the link to the exact seller I bought them from .....they are supposed to arrive next tuesday by usps so should know something by wed if they arrive on time (its not the one I posted above for the example)

Last edited by spdklls; 06-14-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page