Anyone else want different mirrors? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 Old 08-12-2011, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else want different mirrors?

Love the bike. Only mod I have done is removing air filter cover and painting the heat shield black to go better with the body of my black bike.
However I really don't like the style of the mirrors! To me they look like bug antennae or something... I did a little searching and was only able to find chrome mirrors that would fit our bikes. Anyone seen or know anywhere selling replacement mirrors for the cbr yet?

Last edited by stytches; 08-12-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM

as far as the mirrors go, i find myself adjusting them every time i go out and if i forget to, they are off and i cant see anything behind me. Making adjustments isnt a cake walk either as you know..so yes im lookinkg into mirrors or what can be done to make these easier to deal with..
post #3 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 12:55 AM

I wish that they stuck out further and offered a wider view so that I could see both behind me and reasonably to the side of me... As it is now it seems that can only have one or the other and it's a safety compromise..

post #4 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 01:34 AM

I am not thrilled with the antennae.

That said, when I am on the bike and they are adjusted I have no problem with them, they work well, and stay put. But walking around the bike, or looking at them, they seem to really stick out. I will just try to stay on the bike more than off.

Last edited by Brian; 08-13-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: addition
post #5 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Work good

I think the stock mirrors work well. They are big and bright and the stalk style allows them to sit out much wider than most other sport bikes which usually just give you a nice view of your arm. They are made from high quality parts and there is zero shake or buzz in the image. The adjustment friction is very firm so they can't change postion unless you move them which I do twice per commute because I tuck on the highway. Functional mirrors are important on a motorcycle and these offer a safe view of what is behind you.
post #6 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
I think the stock mirrors work well. They are big and bright and the stalk style allows them to sit out much wider than most other sport bikes which usually just give you a nice view of your arm. They are made from high quality parts and there is zero shake or buzz in the image. The adjustment friction is very firm so they can't change postion unless you move them which I do twice per commute because I tuck on the highway. Functional mirrors are important on a motorcycle and these offer a safe view of what is behind you.
He didn't say they don't work, he said they are ugly
post #7 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Practical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal CBR 250r View Post
He didn't say they don't work, he said they are ugly
I tend to be a form follows function person. I use my bike for travel not to look at. I can see really well in the stock mirrors. This is one more area where the CBR250R is better than my Ninja which mounts the mirrors a bit narrower.
post #8 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 12:34 PM

This has gotten me thinking that maybe I'll for go a set of 'lane splitter' mirrors someday (have to recover from shelling out $$ on the Givi topbox first). They work well on my Triumph and offer a decent rear AND sideview because they are so convex...

post #9 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Garage
the stock mirrors are definitely fine for now... but im absolutely open to getting some better looking ones
post #10 of 63 Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 PM

I think the mirror's are ok but soon enough when i find some they will be replaced by bar end mirror's. My brother has a 1050 street triple and has just replaced his they look great and are very functionable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page