Corbin seats - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 65 Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Pete, if your hands are bothering you, try tightening your grip on the tank with your thighs and taking some pressure off of your arms. Arms should be for controlling the bike, not supporting your body weight. Your back and legs should be what is sore after a long sporty ride, at least, more so than your hands/wrists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 65 Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 AM

Not sure if it changes the posture you have while riding or not...got my purchase order today..it says average manufacturing time is 4 weeks??!! I just got the black seat,black sides option.....$40 shipping...so $299 all together....it better be worth it

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 65 Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up !

The stock seat becomes a torture rack after about 4 hours. I ordered the 'Black (Imitation) Ostrich Leather' Front with Black sides. Looking forward to the comfort...

post #14 of 65 Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 AM

Very interested to hear a report on the Corbin seats. Let us know what you think when you have got a little seat time in them.
post #15 of 65 Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 AM

They're great looking seats but I can't justify the high pricing. Hopefully more reviews of these will pop up soon.
post #16 of 65 Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontgomery View Post
Pete, if your hands are bothering you, try tightening your grip on the tank with your thighs and taking some pressure off of your arms. Arms should be for controlling the bike, not supporting your body weight. Your back and legs should be what is sore after a long sporty ride, at least, more so than your hands/wrists.
Thanks.
My whole riding life up til now has been cruisers/street bikes so I need to work on good CBR posture.
post #17 of 65 Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
They're great looking seats but I can't justify the high pricing. Hopefully more reviews of these will pop up soon.
Get a scrap of sheepskin (aka Butt Pad) for a fraction of the cost, and I reckon a whole lot more comfort.

I have done it; done some long days seated on sheepskin. It works. That's my review.

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Michael; 08-27-2011 at 12:39 AM.
post #18 of 65 Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 AM

Garage
Just a heads up for all you who have ordered or are ordering the seat.

While I have no personal experience with Corbin, I have talked to many guys who have them over the years and they all say pretty much the exact same thing.

It takes 2K-3K riding miles for the seat to really break in and conform to the shape of your cheeks (not the ones on your face ) After it's broken in it's great.
Before it breaks in, it is God awfully hard.
Most of the guys I talked to said after a couple hundred miles, their butt would hurt more than it did on the stock seat. After it broke in however, they could go many more miles than they could with the stock seat.

So if you get one of these seats and don't like it, put a couple thosand miles on it before making a final judgement.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program
post #19 of 65 Old 08-27-2011, 04:54 AM

Talking

yes,that's true, the hard foam takes a while to settle down to the new shape of the cheeks
but it's still worth to put in against the stock one which really
post #20 of 65 Old 08-27-2011, 01:15 PM

My long gone FJ1100 had a Corbin seat (the original owner got it). The seat sort of 'was never there'. That's the way it should be !
My Honda Blackbird has a very good stock seat, I've never felt that there was any reason to replace it so obviously Honda engineering knows how to make a seat that's good for the long haul.. I don't know if spec-ing a better seat for the 250 would have either cost more money or raised the height more than their target. They probably figured that most people would be using the bike primarily for short trips so the seat that they have now is good enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page