Corbin seats - Page 5 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 65 Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 PM

OK. I've done a day ride with the Corbin seat and here are my impressions.

Compared to the stock seat which felt soft and peaked the Corbin is firm and broad. The broad platform seems to be more comfortable for the longer rides. The ride today was mostly seat time with very little time spent off the bike. I didn't have to interrupt the ride or do any shifting around to get a break from the aching as I had to with the stock seat.

I have a rather short inseam, about 30", so the broad flatter seat made me a little less flatfooted at stops. I plan to spend more time riding than stopped so this should not be a problem :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 65 Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Garage
Soooo... do you guys think the seat is worth the money? Or still too early to tell?
post #43 of 65 Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm leaning heavily toward it having had one once before. I was thinking of going with a cheap gel-under-sheepskin solution from Alaska Leathers but someone pointed out that the gel's thermal mass means it stays hot if exposed to sun and takes forever to get warm if the bike has been in a cold garage in winter.
BTW I rode yesterday in some fire hose work pants from Duluth Trading and they were much more comfortable than jeans - made a big difference.

post #44 of 65 Old 09-19-2011, 03:46 PM

It ain't cheap but it works and it looks 'quality'. You can order it with many options, colors, textures, etc.. so if you want it to look very personalized, you can (one guy I knew had he and his wife's initials stitched into their seat).

If $$ is an issue then the Sheep Skin, Mad-Max Animal Pelt Marauder look thing sounds like a good alternative :-)
post #45 of 65 Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 PM

I can stay in the saddle much longer with the corbin than I could with the stock seat....of course it's not a cure all...i could feel the burn setting in eventually but I knew it was inevitable...it does raise you up about 1/2 inch higher than the stock seat,it even says so on the website ...it made it a bit awkward the first couple times I came to a stop but now Im used to it and dont even notice it anymore.
I can not recommend anyone to spend $300 for a new seat or any other seat (no more than I would recommend spending $400-$600 for a new exhaust) because everyones different..some will like it, some won't....that is something they have to work out on their own...but for me?...I would buy the corbin all over again in a heartbeat...it is worth every cent I paid for it to me.

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spdklls; 09-19-2011 at 05:59 PM.
post #46 of 65 Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_blue View Post

If $$ is an issue then the Sheep Skin, Mad-Max Animal Pelt Marauder look thing sounds like a good alternative :-)
****light bulb goes off in head****
What to do with that skunk skin that's been sitting in my closet for 15 years....it IS just the right size.....
post #47 of 65 Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM

I went riding this sunday to the north of me, hwy 421 in shady valley,TN..aka "The Snake"
I left around 11am..took 2 hours or so to get there...I went east to Mountain City to get a bite to eat and use the bathroom, took another 30 minutes or so...spent 20 minutes off the bike...my butt didn't really need it at that point though.

Back on the snake and headed west towards hundreds and hundreds of twisties and south watauga lake ... ..later near the lake stopped to take another wizz and to brush my teeth...
was off the bike for less than 5 minutes....then back east again thru all the twisties...
got to hwy 91 and headed south towards home...pulled in the driveway about 5:15...I felt like a million bucks and within 30 minutes was thinking of going back out riding for a few more hours till it got dark. ended up grilling hamburgers and hotdogs instead

so to summarize...6 hours on the corbin...a total of 25 minutes off the bike...and I admit there was a little burn going on (on the cheeks) at the very end but not the severe pain (my tailbone in the center of my cheeks) I experienced on the stock seat in much less time.
last time i went 5+ hours it was on the stock seat and I wouldn't/couldn't ride again for 3 days and then I was in severe discomfort again within 40 minutes when I eventually did...
and the Corbin has a break in period?? wow..then that means it will get even better than it already is as time goes on...it's the best $280 I ever spent in my opinion

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spdklls; 10-10-2011 at 11:47 PM.
post #48 of 65 Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 AM

just put the Corbin on the 250, nice snug fit. I ordered the stock item (2 pc) looks nice. Liked corbin seats in the past and thought I would give this one a try. Can't really tell much yet about the comfort until I get a few miles on the corbin. It didn't change the set height or width enough to be noticeable.
post #49 of 65 Old 03-25-2012, 08:18 PM

last bike i went to the mattress shop and cut of a big chunk of mattress from a returned mattress. the natural rubber latex kind of mattress. they just throw them away most of the time anyways so the guy let me hack off a peice. anyways, replaced the stock seat foam with that and it was the best seat i ever sat on. might wanna give that a try!
post #50 of 65 Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 AM

That's a pretty steep price tag but I'm sure it's well worth it. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page