Yoshi OR Two Bros? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 82 Old 08-27-2011, 08:06 PM

I'm rocking the Two Brother's and loving it. Everything I've heard about the Yoshi pipe is that it's got a similar sound but alot higher volume. I'm not a fan of not being able to hear things around me, I just wanted my bike to be heard as I come through intersections or blind turns(that's my excuse at least). The Two Brother's does that just fine for me. But as it's been stated, it's a matter of personal opinion.

The twisties, not the superslabs, separate the riders from the squids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 82 Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 PM

Unhappy

I got the yosh and its just to dam loud for me, but I know someone who installed the two brothers and he says his is to loud also. I had a Yamaha R1 with duel yosh mufflers and it wasnt as loud as this little 250???
post #13 of 82 Old 08-29-2011, 12:37 PM
DRC

the M4 is the way to go.

post #14 of 82 Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

M4 doesn't make an exhaust for the 250. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the black carbon fiber. MSRP is $559.98 but was able to find it for $419.99 at TWO BROS 005-3020407V-B BLACK CARBON SO EXHAUST CBR250R 11

I'll let you know what I think once I have it installed.

Thanks for all the input!!
post #15 of 82 Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm in a similar situation as you, Volcom - Yoshi or Two Bros. Since you went with the Two Bros, the website says it comes with a P-Tip (sound suppression). Did you get to choose which one (the P1 -3/4 db, or the P1X - -7/8 db)?

If you get a chance to hear the difference without and with the sound suppression installed, I'd really appreciate some comments as to how it sounds.

Thanks!
post #16 of 82 Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofgib View Post
the website says it comes with a P-Tip (sound suppression). Did you get to choose which one (the P1 -3/4 db, or the P1X - -7/8 db)?
I just installed my 2Bros Black Aluminum this morning. It's loud. I'm gonna mod the stock tip using an old chopper trick before I spring the bucks for the P1X tip. I'll post up my results.

At cruising load, it's not bad, but this is a 250 and most of the time your on the gas somewhat. The more load, the louder it is.

-Steve

IBA# 44620
2013 CRF250L, 2011 CBR250RA, 2004 FJR 1300
post #17 of 82 Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 AM

Garage
I have the 2Bros carbon and have heard both 2Bros(obviously) and the Yoshi(USA) and prefer the deep 2Bros, Yoshi(USA) bit more high pitched. But the Japanese Yoshimura the 77 series rocks, but it'll cost you about $1200us.
post #18 of 82 Old 08-30-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
I just installed my 2Bros Black Aluminum this morning. It's loud. I'm gonna mod the stock tip using an old chopper trick before I spring the bucks for the P1X tip. I'll post up my results.

At cruising load, it's not bad, but this is a 250 and most of the time your on the gas somewhat. The more load, the louder it is.

Hot **** that looks good.
post #19 of 82 Old 08-31-2011, 02:55 PM

So I went to my local dealer today to throw a leg over a bike. Low and behold! They had one with a Yoshimura can installed!! They were even nice enough to take it outside and start it up for me. Theirs had the db killer tip installed. Videos do not do the Yoshi can any justice. It is a deep grunty sound, that growls loudly when you get on the throttle. At idle, the exhaust is quite tolerable, reminding me somewhat of my old VT750 Shadow with straight pipes. With gentle acceleration, you won't wake the neighbourhood up in the morning. Let it rip and cars will definitely know you're there.

I love the unique look of the Yoshi exhaust and I think I've decided to go that route, WITH the db killer installed.
post #20 of 82 Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM

Just an update, old chopper trick (washer or thumbscrew a right angle to exhaust flow - and it's adjustable!) didn't work. I think it's close to the end. In fact, when fully closed, I think it got louder! Closed halfway seemed to make some diff, not much.

Looks like I'm spending money for some packing and the quiet tip.

Nothing worse than a vehicle that makes a **** load of noise and doesn't accelerate to match the ruckus <cough>HD</cough>

-Steve

IBA# 44620
2013 CRF250L, 2011 CBR250RA, 2004 FJR 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page