CBR 250R iPhone 4 motorcycle mount. - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 54 Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
I went to the ram mount website and didn't see a category for the cbr250r. Which one works with this bike?
U r from Phx?? I lived in Tempe for 2yrs...came bak home in May 2010...

my brother still lives in tempe...he rides a CBR 1000RR

before that he had a CBR 600RR Pearl white, which he crashed...!

CBR 250R Red + Bell Vortex Siege Red + Dainese Sickle + Dainese Laguna Seca

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vathsav; 01-17-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM

I am really glad you posted this. Very helpful!

Thank you!

+1
post #13 of 54 Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshflighter View Post
I am really glad you posted this. Very helpful!

Thank you!

+1
You are welcome Josh...glad I could be of help

post #14 of 54 Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
That was my first mod, I just did it a little different

I used the aircraft mount to go around the top of the strut. It's a very tight fit and clearance was minimal but it does fit without effecting steering as it doesn't hit anything.

Er, make that 2nd mod, I forgot about the handle grips.
I have an iPhone 4g, but I've never used the bluetooth feature for navigation. Can you explain how you navigate with it. Also, I'd love to see how you mounted the charger, etc. Maybe all of this is in another thread, but I didn't see it. Thanks!

CBR 250r Red/Silver (mine)
CBR 250r Black/Black (wife's)

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
post #15 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Sea View Post
I have an iPhone 4g, but I've never used the bluetooth feature for navigation. Can you explain how you navigate with it. Also, I'd love to see how you mounted the charger, etc. Maybe all of this is in another thread, but I didn't see it. Thanks!
1. I use a GPS application called Sygic (Map My India), its pretty good! It is also available for North America and Europe.

Well for USA you have tons of GPS apps...but for us stuck here, there are only two options Sygic and Navigon (Navigon is crap)

2. I have tried to setup a charger mod using the bike battery, but it is too much of a pain.
So instead I got the "Zagg Sparq 2.0", I can charge my iPhone 4 three times over (also works for my iPad 2). It was Rs. 4000/- (after discount) in India. There you can get it for around $80. There might be better ones available in USA, search in

3. I put the Zagg in the side pocket of my backpack and charge the phone with its default data cable. Its pretty convenient and it doesn't effect my riding

Hope this helps

Last edited by vathsav; 01-18-2012 at 12:12 AM.
post #16 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 12:29 AM

Garage
^thanks!

CBR 250r Red/Silver (mine)
CBR 250r Black/Black (wife's)

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
post #17 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Sea View Post
^thanks!
you are welcome!

post #18 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 AM

RAM Mounting Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by vathsav View Post
Bought this from RAM mounts, they are the best!

I did a lot of research before I got this, but couldn't find much. So I hope this will be of help for anyone who is thinking of getting something similar

Here are some pix:

In case you have any questions, just shoot

Click here to visit their website!

PS: Apart from the Apple mounts, they have a zillion others too. I highly recommend them
Wow! Never saw a mount like this before. Cool. RAM's standard handlebar mount works well too. Its U-bolt just fits in the rounded section of handlebar gap between the clutch lever and the grip.
post #19 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswarthout View Post
Wow! Never saw a mount like this before. Cool. RAM's standard handlebar mount works well too. Its U-bolt just fits in the rounded section of handlebar gap between the clutch lever and the grip.
thanx

there are three types of mounts from RAM AFAIK

1. Handlebar mount
2. Brake fluid reservoir mount
3. Stem fork mount

I liked the last one, I think its less obtrusive as the iPhone cradle sits just below the speedometer...so you don't have to look away...it's just personal preference...

post #20 of 54 Old 01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
tom

Just ordered the fork stem mount, cost about $40, this is the first part I bought for my bike and iPhone. I got a ride coming up this weekend and I’m hoping to get some video with my iPhone.

This weekend’s ride: JB Epic Ride Saturday 1/28/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page