Just installed the Laminar Lip . - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By don'tpanic

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Just installed the Laminar Lip .

Just installed the Laminar Lip screen on bike. Amazing results makes a pocket of dead air . No more buffeting of the helmet and ride is way more comfortable. Cost about 80 bucks money well spent. Great on the free way now and open road. Took some trial and error to set for my ride hight but now it's just perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131228_115048.jpg (269.6 KB, 227 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to slickshawn For This Useful Post:
GoRide (01-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
JMS

Tell us some more about the lip...where you sourced it, how it's attached, etc.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot
post #3 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Laminar Lip

I just stumbled across it on the net while doing a search for touring fairings. It's available at laminarlip.com. What it actually does is make an air dead space by allowing wind underneath the screen to meet with air coming up over the top. I was really skeptical until I saw reviews on the Web site. It comes in both the clear and smoke. Designed to be used with stock windscreen. The kit is attached using some kind of Industrial velcro snap locks being held in place with the strongest adhesive 3 M makes. It is a very strong bond as I had to separate it to make adjustments. You can also request nylon nuts and bolts for a more permanent fixture. I have the oem honda touring screen and the lip is way better. Hope I answered all of your questions.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 01:09 AM
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshawn View Post
I just stumbled across it on the net while doing a search for touring fairings. It's available at laminarlip.com. What it actually does is make an air dead space by allowing wind underneath the screen to meet with air coming up over the top. I was really skeptical until I saw reviews on the Web site. It comes in both the clear and smoke. Designed to be used with stock windscreen. The kit is attached using some kind of Industrial velcro snap locks being held in place with the strongest adhesive 3 M makes. It is a very strong bond as I had to separate it to make adjustments. You can also request nylon nuts and bolts for a more permanent fixture. I have the oem honda touring screen and the lip is way better. Hope I answered all of your questions.
Thank you, slickshawn. I like the look of it on your bike, and I also checked out the website which, as you noted, has multiple reviews (more than I could read at one time!). From your review and the others on the Laminar Lip website, this product looks like an answer to a need many of us have experienced...how to prevent unsettling turbulence at speed. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot
post #5 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 02:18 AM

Laminar Lip

cbr250_left.jpg

You can really feel the air stream go over your helmet. I've had the Laminar Lip on my bike for about eight months and I like it. Doesn't seem to make much difference with rain.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor_CenCal View Post
Attachment 14049

You can really feel the air stream go over your helmet. I've had the Laminar Lip on my bike for about eight months and I like it. Doesn't seem to make much difference with rain.
And your picture doesn't make my neck hurt!
rdxj likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
The Following User Says Thank You to don'tpanic For This Useful Post:
wetrider (01-11-2014)
post #7 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshawn View Post
Just installed the Laminar Lip screen on bike. Amazing results makes a pocket of dead air . No more buffeting of the helmet and ride is way more comfortable. Cost about 80 bucks money well spent. Great on the free way now and open road. Took some trial and error to set for my ride hight but now it's just perfect.
Any advice on how high to mount it?
I am seriously considering this.
Since you guys have fiddled around with it to get it right, would you mind snapping a pic with measurements for the rest of us?

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page