Shopping for gear in Bangkok - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-19-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Shopping for gear in Bangkok

Hi

I am going to have a short layover in Bangkok soon, and want to bring some gifts for my baby and her rider...
Any recommendation on riding gear and accessories shops locations in the city? I would be looking for the following: tank pad, tank or rear bag, knee pads, pants, and maybe a new helmet.

Thanks in advance
G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
tank pad, tank or rear bag,
Contact Sumet Cycles, should be able to find their contact info on the net. Brian is the American manager there and they sell these sorts of things. I bought a Honda tank bag for 900thb.

Quote:
knee pads, pants, and maybe a new helmet.
Do you want good genuine stuff, or not too bad Chinese fakes?
post #3 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallis View Post
Hi

I am going to have a short layover in Bangkok soon, and want to bring some gifts for my baby and her rider...
Any recommendation on riding gear and accessories shops locations in the city? I would be looking for the following: tank pad, tank or rear bag, knee pads, pants, and maybe a new helmet.

Thanks in advance
G
Official Bikers Website

KD SHOP - -

PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR HONDA CBR150R CBR125

www.x-speed.co.th

WELCOME TO RIDE IT FOREVER

post #4 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 03:47 AM

Garage
I don't want to be a kill-joy......

But as you can see if you click on the websites, they are mostly done in Thai script. You will find that at most motor cycle shops Thai will be the only language spoken. That is if you can find them. Getting around Bangkok is a bit of a mission. Additionally, in general motorcycle dealers don't tend to stock much in the way of accessories and gear. They tend to be available at small places that also fit them.

You could find some joy at likes of Redline's suggestion, Sumet Cycles, but motorcycle shops in Thailand are not like what you find in the west. The millions of motorcycles on the roads here are mostly fairly utilitarian machines. Young fellows do them up a bit, but the motorcycle culture and commerce is different.

Frankly, you could be better to spend your time being amazed by other things that Bangkok has to offer, rather than getting frustrated searching for and dealing with moto supply places.

I still remember the first time I left the airport, being amazed by the mini-skirted gals perched side-saddle on the hundreds of Honda Cubs weaving their way through the traffic. Despite having ridden carrying the same as pillion on several occasions, I remain amazed how they they manage to stay put, so elegantly.

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Frankly, you could be better to spend your time being amazed by other things that Bangkok has to offer
True, the best bj bars are in Patpong 1.

tbh, I wouldn't bother wasting my time bike accessory shopping for such little savings.

What saving are you going to save on a 600b tank pad and 900b tank bag?

'SP 320' in Chinatown do decent fake everything. Fox bodyarmour for 1,500b, koso carbon fiber mirrors for 400b, they do lots and lots of different jackets and body armour and helmets, very high quality fakes, if there is such a thing, all the mechanics and riders in the clubs out here buy off them. If you're interested PM me and I'll send on the address, directions and their full catalogue.

Last edited by Redline; 02-20-2012 at 07:45 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned

jacket ا ͧ ǡѹͤ Ѻ䫤

See the Main Menu in green... the eight option under that that's in English...

Click that to download the quite extensive catalog with pictures and prices of every item.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
jacket ا ͧ ǡѹͤ Ѻ䫤

See the Main Menu in green... the eight option under that that's in English...

Click that to download the quite extensive catalog with pictures and prices of every item.
Wow those are all fakes? Are they of good quality (in terms of safety). Talking mostly about the jackets, etc. I wouldn't buy a fake helmet.

G
post #8 of 10 Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Banned

I wouldn't buy a fake helmet either.

I bought the fake Fox bodyarmour (mesh) for 1,400b, which is good quality and fantastic for hot climates as the wind blows through it. The faster you go, the cooler it is.

I've had it for about a year and it's great value.

The jackets all look like very good quality, but too hot and heavy for this climate.

I've also got the knee/shin protectors for 300b. They come with the elbow/forearm protectors too, but not much point if you have the mesh body armour. And also the rain gear for 800b.

I also got the koso mirrors for 400b.

I'd recommend the jackets and bodyarmour from there.

Last edited by Redline; 02-20-2012 at 10:36 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

How to walk there from Hualampong MRT/Train station.

Unknown road to Thanon Ratchawong - Google Maps
post #10 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I wouldn't buy a fake helmet either.

I bought the fake Fox bodyarmour (mesh) for 1,400b, which is good quality and fantastic for hot climates as the wind blows through it. The faster you go, the cooler it is.

I've had it for about a year and it's great value.

The jackets all look like very good quality, but too hot and heavy for this climate.

I've also got the knee/shin protectors for 300b. They come with the elbow/forearm protectors too, but not much point if you have the mesh body armour. And also the rain gear for 800b.

I also got the koso mirrors for 400b.

I'd recommend the jackets and bodyarmour from there.
Man, if i were you, i never got a fake protection.
They are produced with great effort and calculation for protection.
Especially, on sport bikes which a high speed collision or slide is the biggest probability, even a couple of cmeters of wrong stitching or wrong plating might result on severe injury. It has to be too tight or the plating might turn around your body god bless. Never joke on you man.
And, please check as most of the body armors are for motocross.
I bought an original komine from a discount in paddock bike shop in bangkok for 2800 thb and there are more there.
Just keep in mind.

Last edited by loserlazer; 02-22-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page