Low Profile Mirrors - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
tom

So mirror swap right…. Seems like a quick and easy maybe 10 minute job. Have you taken off your mirrors before? I guess they have like Loctite on them. So the first mirror, it was a little tough but never the less the bolt came out. Fitted the new mirror and it looked good.

I went for the second bolt and that’s when it went downhill…Anger, frustration, a pain in my right shoulder now…

So after a few turns of the allen wrench, I have on my hand a stripped bolt, now it was loose enough for the mirror to flop around and too striped for me to put it back in tight. Now, what to do, what to do… The mirror has a lip on it where the bolt is at so I couldn’t get a pipe wrench on it, I didn’t want to drill it out because I wanted to use the threads on the mount still. I really didn’t want to damage the stock mirror, but after about 30 minutes of staring and thinking, on top of it all I was starving, no food in my system, getting a little tired..

I was ready to make some progress and stop wasting time. So I decided that I was going to hacksaw the mirror and the head of the bolt. I cut out a notch so I could fit a huge flat head screwdriver on the top of the bolt. I took the bracket off of the bike and screwed it on to a piece of 3ft by 4ft plywood because the vice would have damaged the bracket and it was going to take a lot of force so it wouldn’t work that well on the bike.

After pushing and twisting and turning, the bolt finally came out, and a big senses of accomplishment stuck me, yes!

Then I go bolt the bracket back up to the bike, and just when I thought I made it in life and it was all cake from here on out, the mirror wouldn’t bolt up!

What happened, did I is strip the bolt? Am going to have to buy a new bracket! WTF!

Just then my wife says, “hey honey how about we eat out tonight” at that moment, I look at my bike, look at my wife, near ready to thought any object in my hand or kick anything in range… I say ok, and just drop my wrench, and close the garage…

So my 10 minute project is now going on 2 days…yep…

BTW, I rode to work this morning with no mirrors, awesome. It gives the bike a whole different feel.

"I ride all the time, day, night, rain, shine, I would ride in my sleep if I could…."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Can you see anything in the shorter mirrors or do they become a decoration?
^ This is what I want to know.

I need functionality long before decoration. I have a hard enough time seeing anything but my elbows as it is with me being broad shouldered.
post #13 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM

+1. Although the mirror stems are long, I thought the mirrors are somewhat functional. I can't imagine going shorter and still be able to see around and behind me. Waiting for the OP to provide some real world feedback.

Naked_Duc (Tony)
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000
2011 Honda CBR250R -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 14 Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

My ultra short mirrors make life ten times easier when riding through Bangkok traffic. Can still see behind, but will need to turn your a head a little when changing lanes.

When going out on a day ride to the jungle twisties I put the stock ones back one along with my extended Honda windscreen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page