Anyone replace the stock headlight bulb yet? - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 61 Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Got my bulb in today..put it in less than 5 minutes (had to pop off left fairing) And the result? is it like night and day difference from the stock? No, it isn't...am I happy with the bulb? I sure am...it does look whiter looking at it from the front...and I can tell I have more light on the road even on low beam.

The biggest difference between this bulb and the stock bulb is in the beam pattern, especially noticeable on high beam.. It is a little brighter as far as the brightness of the light...just a little bit tho....but there is a whole lot more light with this bulb a whole lot farther down the road plus the width of the high beam across the road and off the sides.. I am actually very much impressed with the how much farther out and off the high beam shines on the road now..very happily impressed

I was kinda expecting a superior super bright white light that burned the retinas of any animals that dared look directly at it..Guess I will have to rely on the D2's for that instead...but I am still very pleased with this light bulb and would buy it again..

would I recommend you buy it also for $37? For me, it was worth the money, I drive at night away from city street lights alot.....I cant answer if it would be worth it to you,only you can...

If you want to blind every person and animal that crosses in front of you, better go with HID lighting like what BBRMotosports recommended... If you want a slight increase in brightness level and a wider low beam and a significantly longer,wider, way out in front of you high beam without adjusting the pitch or elevation of your stock....then consider this bulb.
The Following User Says Thank You to spdklls For This Useful Post:
GodSon (10-03-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 AM
arn

One small correction.... HIDs blind only on high beam (as with any H4) or if the beam is not set right. On low beam there is a sharp cut off, just as in any H4, so no question of blinding anybody. With a projector, there is a sharp cut off even with the high beam.

The setting, and the way the light is aimed is in your hands. Having used HID setups, I can vouch for the fact that there is a big difference in the amount of light on the road.

PS: Blinding animals? They'll sprint across the road whether you TEMPORARILY "blind" them or not Besides, as far as I know, they don't drive/ride and have the option of looking away :P
post #23 of 61 Old 03-09-2012, 12:19 AM

Is there a difference between this 35 dollar bulb and one for 10 dollars on ebay? This is the first time I've ever looked into brighter bulbs on any vehicle.

post #24 of 61 Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Since I didnt put a $10 ebay bulb in.. I really cant compare..The other reviews for this bulb mirror alot of what I had to say about the shape of the beam on high and thus a lot more of the road being illuminated in front of you vs the stock bulb. That illumination "pattern" may very well be unique to this PIAA bulb.
post #25 of 61 Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 AM

I suppose you're right, it would probably be stupid to skimp on something as critical to safety as lighting, especially over 25 bucks.
post #26 of 61 Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Theres a ton of aftermarket bulbs out there..dont just go by my word alone....look around..do your own research, ask yourself if you even need to upgrade. A lot of people find the stock satisfactory for their needs..I myself found it lacking for my area at night...a lot of sites like amazon have customer reviews of the product..read them..then google the product and look for more reviews..then make an informed decision..good luck
post #27 of 61 Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the advice speed
post #28 of 61 Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaicbr View Post
Well here in Thailand we get the bike with a H3 35/35 bulb. I changed that to a bog standard H4 and am pretty happy. I may change to a brighter bulb but they are not so easy to get here.
tesco do them
post #29 of 61 Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 AM
TBC

Talking about a bright headlight. Wife took her first night ride on her 2009 rebel. She was following me and her headlight was so blinding in my mirror, i
pulled over & told her not to use her high beam in town. It was her lowbeam CBR head light crap compared to her Rebel.
post #30 of 61 Old 03-23-2012, 04:48 AM

what kind of headlight blub do i need to buy for the bright light ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page