$300 to spend. What to buy? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
A level 1 track day.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Track dayz is fir nerdz ;P

Stay Lame

'94 HD Sportster Chopped n' bobbed *CTFS*
'11 Honda CBR250R, Black
'76 Triumph bob
post #13 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
The first upgrade for my bike will be a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires... about $250.00 shipped. Although I have not mounted them up yet on my CBR, on past bikes I've owned, top shelf tires make a world of difference.

__________________________________________________ __________________________
WILL PLASTI DIP IMPROVE THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF MY BIKE?

post #14 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
top shelf tires make a world of difference.
+1.
post #15 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMan View Post
How about 2 cans of Plasti Dip and save the rest for your next bike. Why dump a load of $ into a two-fiddy? Next year you'll be on a 600 three hundred bucks short that you could have spent on a two brother's exhaust for that real man's sounding bike. Listen to a wise man.
Complete nonsense from a complete noob. DudeMan, shouldn't you be working on Plasti Dipping your swingarm, or maybe the fork lowers. How about the crankcase? Any of those would be great projects, that would give you yet more reasons not to ride your bike. Just think about the new threads you could start, not to mention the youtube videos.
post #16 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Complete nonsense from a complete noob. DudeMan, shouldn't you be working on Plasti Dipping your swingarm, or maybe the fork lowers. How about the crankcase? Any of those would be great projects, that would give you yet more reasons not to ride your bike. Just think about the new threads you could start, not to mention the youtube videos.
Agreed. Some people here bought a 250 for its economy. However just like an econobox car it looks faster then it really is. Evidently dude didn't realize that a 250 made to look fast is not fast and now is having some buyers remorse. Maybe he found out girls don't think its big enough? As it seems he is more worried about appearances then riding ability.

Tires have always been a great upgrade on bikes I have owned. Steel brake lines are always nice. Sometimes pads are a good benefit. Better gear is a great upgrade too.
post #17 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCarolus View Post
Tires have always been a great upgrade on bikes I have owned.
Steel brake lines are always nice.
Sometimes pads are a good benefit.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
post #18 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCarolus View Post
Agreed. Some people here bought a 250 for its economy. However just like an econobox car it looks faster then it really is. Evidently dude didn't realize that a 250 made to look fast is not fast and now is having some buyers remorse. Maybe he found out girls don't think its big enough? As it seems he is more worried about appearances then riding ability.

Tires have always been a great upgrade on bikes I have owned. Steel brake lines are always nice. Sometimes pads are a good benefit. Better gear is a great upgrade too.
I have a theory that the Dude is way more concerned about appearances than he is about learning to ride. That he thinks a 600 is the answer to his problems pretty much shines a bright light on his issues. "Cruising/Coasting" around on a 600 at 35 mph will give him the "street cred" he so desires, while doing the same on a two-fiddy has shown him that isn't happening. DudeMan doesn't have the "sack" to learn to ride the CBR250R within it's capabilities. He would be perfectly happy being just another poser on a 600. How sad is that?
post #19 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 PM

I wonder what dudes strips look like.. Lol. I really quite enjoy throwing this bike into cornera and was hella suprised by the handling. You can grip it n rip it on this bad boy. I love the 250 for what it is, an economy bike, but it does perform well.

Stay Lame

'94 HD Sportster Chopped n' bobbed *CTFS*
'11 Honda CBR250R, Black
'76 Triumph bob
post #20 of 74 Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

lol you guys are comedians as well. keep it up!

Obviously, I didn't buy this 250 for speed. I bought it for a learner's bike and to save some coin for a while.

If I were trying to be more macho I certainly would have never thought about ever getting a scooter, much less a chinese scooter. lol (+1)

All of you that are defending the cbr250r are in denial, acceleration on this bike gets boring just like some of your jokes. (+1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page