Wiring for accessories: Hot only when engine on ??? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
The other option for heated grips is A'me chicane heated grips. Each grip has a microprocessor in it and they monitor the battery voltage. If they are left on, they will shut off if the voltage drops below a preset amount. Therefore, never leaving you with a drained battery.

https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...grip-time.html
Sorry for the slight thread jack.
How do people like heated grips? When I had them the bottom of my hand was always hot when the top of my had was always freezing cold... Did I somehow manage to use them wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellonwheels View Post
I'm making some do-it-yourself heated gear, and I'm looking for the wire that is on only when the engine is running.
Any wire that is 'hot' when the engine is running, will also have current when the engine is not running with the ignition key is ON and the kill switch is in the RUN position.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacm12 View Post
Sorry for the slight thread jack.
How do people like heated grips? When I had them the bottom of my hand was always hot when the top of my had was always freezing cold... Did I somehow manage to use them wrong?
That's pretty much the nature of heated grips. They've been supplied as standard equipment on snowmobiles for decades, with a high/low heat setting as they will get very hot when full current is flowing to the heat elements. Most heated grip designs use a resistor for the low heat setting. On my snowmobile, I'll start out with them on the high setting, then after a few minutes turn them down to low... otherwise they would just get too hot under most conditions running on the high setting. The other aspect to having warm hands in cold temps, is wearing gloves that have more insulation on the top of the glove, and less on the palm side so that you still have good feel on the grips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page