Cheap/Easy Alternative Silencer for Delkevic Slip Ons - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-09-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Cheap/Easy Alternative Silencer for Delkevic Slip Ons

If your like a good few of us on this forum, you purchased a Delkevic slip on for your bike. If your like me, you forgot to tighten the slip-in silencer fastener, and then proceeded to watch as the entire silencer popped out of the exhaust as you pull away from a light, followed by viewing a semi run it over in your mirror.

Well, i didn't quite feel like getting another replacement from delkevic, because i didn't quite care for the sound it had with that silencer installed, and i didn't want to spend money. However, with it straight open, it did tend to get on my nerves slightly on the highway. SO, i set out to find a solution

Having zero welding skills, nor an available welder or any type of machining equipment available, i decided to search my garage for materials. after a while, i noticed something that seemed to fit the bill. what was it?

Yes, A BMX bicycle peg. Now, i know what your thinking. "Thats so ghetto/cheap/ruins the product" etc. But please, just give me a chance to show you the finished product.

Now, the peg was quite similar in the basic principle to the original silencer. it fit inside the slip on, it had a hole on its tube which lined up with the hole already on the delkevic slip on (where the fastener fit in), it allowed the exhaust to flow, and it silenced the exhaust. But all in a slightly different manner. unlike the original silencer, which fit quite snug deep inside the muffler, the peg allowed for a little more space around the edges of the inside of the muffler, as well as a small hole which allowed for the main flow of the exhaust gas to pass through, while the other goes around the peg and makes its way out around the edges. It still fits snug and tight, with no loosening of the bolt after a heafty ride.

Now, after riding around for a little bit with it in, i must say i do enjoy it. it is slightly louder than the original slip on silencer, but quieter than straight through with less drone on the highway at high revs. I just wanted to share this with you all. Here is the finished product

now if you wanted to, you could cut that down and make it more flush with the pipe, however im a fan of the "embedded" exhaust look, so i left it how it is. Thanks for looking

Current Bike: 2014 NC700X, Red
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past Bikes:

2013 Red CBR250r, Delkevic Tri-Oval slip on, 13t Front Sprocket, 12oClockLabs Speedo DrD. First Bike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 "Johnway" 139qmb Scooter, first ever 2 wheel machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
diy is itself fuel for human creativity
and for sharpening of the mind..

and therefore, satisfying..
The Following User Says Thank You to shisoshin For This Useful Post:
backfirepro (10-09-2014)
post #3 of 3 Old 10-09-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

thats how i feel as well! thank you!

Current Bike: 2014 NC700X, Red

Past Bikes:

2013 Red CBR250r, Delkevic Tri-Oval slip on, 13t Front Sprocket, 12oClockLabs Speedo DrD. First Bike

2012 "Johnway" 139qmb Scooter, first ever 2 wheel machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page